Anyone know the best way to get MAX kills for the directive?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by FieldMarshall, Jul 19, 2015.

1. FieldMarshall

So i have been doing some class directives and was considering going for the HA one next.
    The only part of the directive im struggling with is AV grenades and MAX kills.
    Since AV grenades are pretty bad at actually killing stuff (infantry) now, i was wondering if anyone had any tips for hunting/killing MAXes.

I have been experimenting with using LMGs instead of launchers, as most my MAX kills gets stolen after the first shot unless the MAX retreats before dying.
    But havent decided what the best (TR) LMG in terms of MAX killing power is yet.
    I also have C4, AV grenades, and all the weapons unlocked.

So yeah, anyone know what the quickest and best way to actually kill them is?
    Or is it mostly based on luck and being in the right place at the right time.

I average around 2 MAX kills a day, so i must be doing something wrong.
    Its literally going to take over a year at this rate.
  2. Jac70

Well it will count on being in the right place at the right time. I would guess your average BioLab scrim would be a rich hunting ground. Then equip yourself for the task. Take the hardest hitting dumbfire weapon like a Decimator - probably the best MAX hunting tool. Then a hard hitting LMG. C4 is also very effective against MAXes. As for grenades there are two choice - the concussion grenade will make enemy MAXes easy targets for a rocket kill. There is also the Anti-Vehicle grenade which is effective. I would say the concussion grenade is the better option.
    • Up x 1
  3. jmdafk

Same here, ive found it slow going and finding a max and not getting killed or the max kill stolen is hard.
    I think its part of challenge with the directives. Im also doing mine with AV grenades, and christ that is serious grind.

tbh i think the heavy directive is much easier than the engineer ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. FieldMarshall

Thanks. I didnt even consider the conc grenades for disabling them. Maybe a conc c4 combo would be good.
    I also had some success waiting until the MAX is at around 50% before firing my RL. But it feels kind of cheesy.

I guess thats comforting.
    The only thing i had problems with during the engineer directive was the AV turret kills that was entirely dependant on being in a battle where you can actually use it :)
  5. jmdafk

Thats why i think the engy directive is much harder. As a heavy you can just go and look for things to kill and there is never a shortage of max's.

The engineer ones you need to find a very specific type of battle, be experienced enough to find a good turret placement and then not get snipped 2 seconds after lining up your first target! Then to get a kill with a low damage per shot turret....
    • Up x 1
  6. johnway

I can't think of any decent ideas myself. Ever since the directive was available i've apparently killed only 80/100 maxes as a HA. That is pretty woeful. there aren't really any effective pure Max killing weapons. AT grenades just don't stick and the nerf has made them ineffective generally.

i suppose a kamikaze c4 or launcher attack might bag kills. But its a painful process to be sure. Should have really given the directive to the engineer, LA class or made it a general thing rather than a specific HA thing.
    • Up x 1
  7. Keldred

ive found that it depends on what faction im fighting. If your looking to grind go with av grenade and launcher. it is a insta kill if you can land the nade and the rocket. Great 1 2 punch. Also what ive found is that you get more kills depending on which faction your fighting. While fighting TR i normally get 4-6 max kills within a 1-2 hour play session with standard launcher and AV nade. However if im fighting NC im lucky to get any at all. mainly this is because to secure the kill i get in close and stick the nade and hit them the rocket. NC max can down you too fast to get this done(and their shield can unstick a nade). So if your looking to grind go for VS maxes as they have the longer TTK at close range. as a side note im still working on my final level for it i have 258/300 its taken so ****** long...
    • Up x 1