Anyone else want Empire Specific Snipers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by coleisepic, Apr 1, 2013.

1. coleisepic

Just wondering. Any ideas? I will try to edit in and make a list of the best so far I have heard

VS: Charge Sniper, No drop Sniper, Constant damage beam that runs on fuel like the flamethrower.
    NC: High Velocity Gauss Rifle, Railgun, Shotgun sniper (more like bolt action that shoots like 10 bullets and requires 8 or 9 to hit for a kill.)
    TR: Full auto sniper
    • Up x 3
  2. Teegeeack

Is there a point though? Sniper rifles should OHK, and every sniper rifle should be capable of that, so if you have empire specific sniper rifles, won't any differences just be flavour?
  3. coleisepic

The idea would be more unique weapons since right now we just have clones.
    • Up x 4
  4. Radioactive Pirate

Only if you want another *********** of whining and nerfs.
  5. Kukuguy

Let's see,
    NC gets camera guided bullet
    VS gets instant travel charging laser beam
    TR gets a 5 shot sniper
    • Up x 2
  6. CletusMcGuilly

Wut
    • Up x 2
  7. LonelyTerran

Shotgun sniper
    [IMG]
  8. Phrygen

but what will be unique about them?

nothing
  9. CletusMcGuilly

It's such a paradox that you can't even capture an image of it.
    • Up x 10
  10. Veri

I like empire specific weapons.
    The problem is if one is slightly better than the other, the other faction criers will stampede into the whineside 2 forums to demand a nerf or buff.

I am sure SOE prefer to just dish out NS weapons just to avoid these people.
  11. Devrailis

NC used to have an Empire Specific sniper, until it got nerfed to resemble all the others.

Then it got replaced by the Longshot, which everyone else got as well. :(
  12. coleisepic

remember that. sucks people ruined it. : (
  13. Devrailis

Actually, it was probably for the best. ;)

NC is very strong in terms of infantry weapons right now. The last thing we need is a bolt action that is clearly better than the others as well.
  14. coleisepic

Could have just thought of stuff for tr and vs but if they didn't do that than it is definitely a good design choice.
  15. ThundaHawkPS

No sniper rifles in their current state are fine. One of the better implemented weapons in this game.
    • Up x 1
  16. AnotherNoob

I don't like the empire specific stuff at all, the way I see it, the balance problems just isn't worth it...
  17. Paperlamp

Personally I'd rather see some more genuinely usable variety for infil weapons than have them try to slap on faction themes that are hard to apply to sniper rifles - really, a shotgun sniper?

Or actually, even better, buff some of the currently terrible rifles that already exist that could be filling niches if they didn't suck so horribly.

Scout rifle - 200 damage, 450 RoF, 25 rounds per mag, low horizontal but high vertical recoil, small CoF.

Semi-autos - 500 damage, 200 RoF, 8 rounds per mag, low magni scopes available (scrap the ones that are identical other than different scopes for 1k certs :/)
    • Up x 1
  18. Jagdwyre

The NC's should be a rail gun that is hitscan(because, magnets)... oh the rage that would bring.
  19. siiix

as much as a bullet in my head
    • Up x 1
  20. Zamos

The NC already have one , its called Phoenix . Even better it does extreme dmg to air and moderate to armor and infantry