Anyone else notice the TR pistol..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Maxor, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Maxor

Anyone else notice the TR pistol can fire the first round of the second burst (second time you click) before the 2-3 round of the first click goes off? I find i'm able to get the gun to fire several bullets in the same instance with the timers on the burst overlapping. The lack of a CD on firing seems to be the culprit.

I played TR for a few hours last night (first time since launch, tested in beta) and I said to myself "what did the devs do to this gun?". I can empty the clip in like a second and its more accurate than it once was in beta. At least in beta the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the burst would climb a fair amount needing te user to focus on controlling his powerful side arm but now its an almost to easy to use gun with great performance. I was even using it as a machine gun to deter the enemy from rushing my position when I had to reload my CARV. I can understand the need for identity between each empire's pistols but really the TR pistol has the best of, dare I say, all worlds. It has broken fire rate, accuracy and decent damage.

Now don't take me saying broken as an extreme word I just mean that its fire rate is broken, physically. The devs should look into this to ensure this gun remains balanced with the rest.
  2. Fugly

Overpowered is the word you're looking for.
    • Up x 1
  3. MasterIQ2

When retail hit 2 thoughts went through my head.

Vanu for the Magrider or TR for the pistol....

Vanu won but man I love the TR pistol I figured the shop would have options i was wrong.
  4. Phyr

I noticed it was awesome compared to the VS one.
  5. KlyptoK

Dude this is crazy, I switched to TR to test this and it's like total WTF?! And worse is any keybind and it's super full-auto++

I was wondering why people are mowing me down superfast with that thing at far range while I'm struggling to get the Rebel to hit anything with my recoil going through the roof when being hit.
  6. Protios

I bought the second Pistol they released, I went back to using the stock one right away...

Our pistol I to make up for the Prowler... You leave it alone.
  7. MasterIQ2

Start using your tank as the siege ladder it was meant to be!
    • Up x 1
  8. Protios

It's a riot tank more than anything. I put down infantry hard, run and hide from other MBT's
  9. xpsyclosarinx

Yeah the TR pistol is boss, all others are pretty bad.

Actually just thinking out loud here, we could get SMGs for secondary weapons, small, compact, horrible range like a Steyr TMP or something small like that.
  10. BANGbangBANG

You fell for the tr mind trick talk about our op pistol an we change the subject to our weak prowler.
    • Up x 1
  11. Protios

That's essentially what the TR pistol is. If you're relying on using it at a range greater than I'd say 15 feet, it gets pretty terrible pretty fast. But anything under than and I can mow down two people if they line up ever so perfectly.