Anyone else miss the OLD planetside2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SharkBaitC22, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Pikachu

NC mustang used to do 500 damage. :D Compare that to the current 190.

Remember ESF hunting tanks with rocket pods. Unload 1/3 of the magazine into the front armor and the tank explodes.

Ah I remember anti-air missiles being useless since they didn't have their hidden acceleration against locked targets back in the day. ESF's could easly fly away from the missiles, despite the longer range of missiles back in the day and shorter lock on time.

I dont' remember any problems with MAX flak guns.

I remember that one time where my NC planetman found himself in a new strange desert. :D Our wargate in the canyons had been changed to the one in the north.

Remember when vulcan had 250 damage instead of the current 143.
  2. conecall

geez, i think u need to read it again, and maybe 4 times more to remember/understand it all properly lol..

implants + ambusher + bugs + a decent aim = nonstop maximum ambusher speed pretty much 100% of the time which should be fixed, your seriously delusional if u think not lol

maxes are beyond weak and takes 2 mags to die, good luck making an openening anywhere in a flagroom, not gonna happen, 3 people insta kill you the moment u step in the doorway unless u have an NC shield lol - way too weak, but not weak compared to a light assult if they were in an empty hallway with no escapes, however again, highly delusional if u think maxes are strong simply because theyre stronger than a free class without anyone supporting it..

sure higher RPM is the thing about TR, but that dosnt have to mean 4 times the recoil and spread compared to NC.. might be equal out in the end, but not for new players losing a bunch of them too fast

they still could had compensated for lower populations only 10% of the bases are active at all, and thats on a good day lol

to be fair all i see is LA´s and a couple heavies, tho i dont mind it as long as they dont keep flying maximum ambusher speed 100% of the time (oh btw, dont forget they can instanty turn too! such a great world we live in :D)

it probably does for him tho, disreguarding it because u dont have the problem is just delusional lol

i dont have a problem with people being better or worse or making huge killstreaks, it just sucks *** when 1 global elite goes on a 20 minute "keep every TR inside spawn tower" spree and theres not a single thing 20 people can do to garrantee they take out 1 player with insane aim - making it littereally csgo 2.0 and adds to killing the game, which based on your comment seems like u dont want, shortsighted, delusional and childish comment lol - idc that a pro kills me a couple times over and over, i do that too every now and then - but i never made 20 out of 30 players online in koltyr ragequit cause they couldnt leave spawn, without a single person backing me up lol, but yeah lets keep that up until koltyr is the only continent open and see how long that will last i guess :D every day koltyr seems to last longer throughout the start of the day - give it a month and its gonna be 20 hours a day

dont stand on an open hilltop unless ur an infiltrator i guess? could had added an implant instead of totally destroying all potental balance for air to ground combat, further destroying a HUGE potential playerbase - but the more i think about it the more it seems like death is your way

yeah knives got buffed so now theyre like the best weapon in the game, its not at all like u cant knife a moving target AT ALL, or a lagging target, and then when they stand still.... well.. half the times i fire off a camera guided rocket and get knifed in the back i jump out of controlling it, jumps away and kills the stupid trying to knife lol

they spent 9 years ONLY removing content, could easily had added more content have twice as many things in ways to play and allow for players who like way more things than just CSGO but 50v50 in de_dust2 with revive grenades - the next time u try to insult someone, try to ask someone with more than 25iq what they wrote and u might get somewhere i guess? :rolleyes:
  3. Clone117

I have to agree. Ambushers are infact a cancer. When fully certed out combined with certain mobility related implants and other things. They outright break the game to such an extent that you can freelly jump around the cqc environments and get off scott free kiling others with little risk of actually being killed. Its pure cancer.
  4. Snow Sheltie

Do I miss the old Planetside 2? Nope. It felt like a buggy, broken, and incomplete mess for much of the time. I definitely didn't miss the broken and overpowered weapons/vehicles/abilities that cropped up over time and weren't fixed for months at a time with at least one OP ability not even being acknowledged as a problem for six months! I also don't know how this game didn't flop on launch with how broken ESFs were. When an ESF could hover mere feet in front of a lightning AA and out-DSP it at point-blank range firing at the frontal armor only, you got a serious balance problem. On the other hand it led to many hilarious moments when the same arrogant pilots would do the same stunt in front of a Vanguard, which could indeed swat the annoying insect away with a single shot.

There was one thing I dearly missed from the launch version: Proximity being set to all talk mode. Led to many hilarious moments of sneaking up to snipers, whispering some zippy one-liner, and then watching them turn around shooting wildly in panic.

Do I like the current Planetside 2? Seeing how I haven't played for two years after the forced population balance update, the answer is No. It became painfully obvious that daybreak has absolutely no intention of following the spirit of the original Planetside and that update was the final nail in the coffin for me. I can observe every few months to see where the game is going, and thus far nothing I've seen has given me any reason to return because the core gameplay has never been finished and judging by the path Daybreak wants to take the game, aka pursuing the COD crowd, never will.
  5. Somentine

Arial combatant has been nerfed for a long time.

Some more bs about maxes. I don't think maxes are strong, I know they are. 3 people don't instantly delete a max, and even if they did, 3v1 with no support; what do you think maxes should do? Walk into 5+ people and just W + M1 them all without dying? Too bad you spent 450 nanites and can't revive... oh wait.

Watchman is literally laser accurate. MSR-W is an orion. Carv is a good gun, the second you learn that burst firing is actually important, which should be very fast if you have any FPS experience. Bull is a more accurate NS-15 without the .75 ADS. Butcher is a good gun. What else do you actually want?

How could they compensate beyond what they already do? Post launch numbers dropped like a rock in water, and have only really begun picking up during Covid times. And it still doesn't mean you're going to get 3 way 200-300+ people fights constantly; people largely don't like them except at certain bases.

I don't disregard it because I don't have crash issues, I disregard it because it isn't an issue in general. Of all the things this game has going wrong, crashes are bottom of the barrel and rare af.

If you're losing a 20v1, you got some serious issues and shouldn't be playing FPS games in general, let alone PS2. Let me ask this differently, what do you even think should be done about that super human player then? Shotguns, infils, radar devices, proxy mines, c4, rocket launchers, smgs, maxes, etc. exist; if you can't kill 1 player with all that, then that is entirely a 'you' issue, cuz those mechanics already hold your hand to varying degrees.

Idk what that bs is about hilltop sniper; I think it was in response to me talking about some hilltop HESHer, and you need to re-read it.

You specifically said knives were nerfed, they've been nothing but buffed you moron. Learn to shuffle and you can kill players 20x better than you... or better yet, just sit with stalker like a true mong and wait till they engage someone; guaranteed kill.

What have they removed? There's like maybe 4-5 things that they've done that to, and most have been placed as passives. Do you mean nerf? They've nerfed a lot of ****, and a lot of it needed it and more. They've added a lot since launch, even if most of it is trash.

Do you even play this game?
  6. conecall

so it was nerfed for a long time? it was still nerfed? when it was good instead of giving it a proper counter lol - boom all flying players quit the game for good

perhaps 20-30% less damage and 4-5 times the tankyness - remove reviving from them entirely as u dont see 7 medics reviving a full on sundie lol - would allow to acturally have a fight inside the flag room - or at least something to force everyone out of the flag room which given everythings nerfed or removed to the point there its just impossible unless u toss nades for 30 minutes and wait for the magical moment where everyone tosses a nade at the same time just perfectly to wipe the room lol..

im just saying its way less noob friendly than NC or Vanu weapon, which for sure should be allowed, but nobody´s gonna know it when theyre launching the game for the first time -and isnt that good at aiming - take me, i made a TR to lvl 70 then realised, IM twice as strong playing on NC lol, slower rate of fire and higher dmg per bullet littereally feels like i kill people in 2 shots - souly because im sleepy and like to game after a smokey making me a fair bit slower - not because its statistically unfair if u have perfect aim, but should still be concidered if u want new players to stay.. dont RNG then into having only 50% dmg lol - hopefully new player experience has fixed it, but i doubt it even suggests theres a difference instead of just laying it out like a lore-read "200 words "they like to shoot fast firing weapons" 75 more words about TR" that´s just gonna be ignored

they could not open up 4 continents with every base active for 3 players perhaps?

you disreguard it beucase you dont think its a problem... try be a dev and wanting to fix their games, theres a reason so many games send EVERY SINGLE crash report - every crash matters if u want to keep it from crashing nonstop for everyone cause suddenly one of the problems starts to grow and grow and ur just ignoreing it because its just a fact that the game was fine, plays fine you still or? dont be a ***** to him for crashing lol, ill bet you´ve sent a crash report yourself at least once ^^ might not be a problem now, but lets just spam "**** you noob" to everyone who ever crashed and see how long its not a problem when nobody ever reports anything xd

c4´s takes ages to drop lol, on a guy thats aware of evey pixel in the game, even those he dont see, good luck spending 3 seconds vs 95% accuracy player that knows ur there :D - proximity mines are way easily spotable - maxes are waaaaaaaaaaay too slow to ever stand a chance of doing anything to him if he just crouches towards cover and away :D all the other weapons are, as i said, just an ak47 and hes a global, and like 80% of players are gold or less (i know PS2 dosnt have ranks, but basically all games has this ranking, less than 1% at the top tier, 80% at the 3 lowest tiers) you simply dont see him before ur dead, every single time - until 15 minutes later he ****** up and now at least u know he has a pumpkin mask :D i just think there should be at least more than just ak47 weapons.. give thumper a 50 times damage buff so it can 4 boom a person, would at least let them spray everywhere and get out of spawn for asecond, or buff classes at what theyre doing more - more shield for heavies, longer stealth for inftiltrators, faster speeds on nonambusher jetpacks - letting people use their abilities to get out of the spawn area - right now littereally 3 of the 50 best players could keep the game dead for an entire day if they just went on each team and camped the spawn towers when it hits koltyr and the game would instantly die - i get its a FPS, can i dont mind good players destroying noobs, but if theres not a ranking system like planetside, at least the VERY VERY best players should be reeled in a bit - prefereably by making more options than just laser aim or nothing, than just.. idk i guess thats littereally all u can do against it, or ban then but.. hell even an RC-XD(tiny controlled vehicle the size of your boot going boom) sold at spawn for 300 nanites would let players get 1 expensive almost garanteed kill which would only really get annoying if u do nothing but camp the same spot and never do nothin but that, or if every single player kept sending them out as much as possible, but i doubt they would if they can only send 1, wait 2 min, send 1 more in case it failed, then gotta go back to FPS.. idk many options, basically just a "not 100% aimining related way to kill" cause then if ur only skill is aiming, and the enemy is better at everything, but only 95% of your aim, ull win almost every fight .-.

you pick infiltrator, go invisible, walk up to a giant open hill with no covers, 2000 meters away theres an ESF with nightvision and he sees you and turbo´s to your face killing you making you whine wooow ESF is so op, i couldnt do ANYTHING AT ALL - when in fact, you could had not been on the most open places of all for 10 minnutes - thats my experience flying ESF´s when they were useful, but now the only way to ever spot anyone is to hover in the middle of the base for 10 seconds or fight air to air (in which only the 1% best pilots of planetside seems to be flying so your really gonna have a fun time trying to learn to fly :D

what did they add? took them 2 years to make implants, then 6 to make NSO which is severely lacking and boring i think, its basically NC but without any attachments at all :D

i keep comming back being forced to leave cause everything glitching out more and more to the point i can barely pick my characher lol but everytime i come back, 5 things be missing and 15 others be nerfed to the ground and any new weapons that came out littereally cannot get a single kill unless someone shoots a 850 dmg rocket in their face 0.1 second before u hit them 4 times xd
  7. DarkStarAnubis

I play all factions without a particular preference, I agree with what you say but there is a but:

The Watchman can melt a Max (I did some times and it is a great pleasure...) if you aim to the head but the moment you have to reload (5.25/7 seconds for short/long reload) you could be killed ten times over.

T-32 Bull is very accurate, however it has a poor damage curve and low RPM compared to (e.g.) the Orion. It is a big assault rifle like the Orion, but it has (IMHO) a wrong design trying to accomplish too many roles at the same time and failing in all of them. It has a best-in-class reload time, but fails in the DPS department,.

Carv is not bad, but again with such a long reload time that makes you vulnerable. Give me an Orion any day of the week with its snappy reload, good RPM and easiness to handle.
  8. Somentine

MSW-R = Orion with opposite horizontal sway. I largely agree, but those are all decent-good weps. VS doesn't have that many good LMGs either, it's only NC that have pretty much all good LMGs except EM1.
  9. Somentine

Arial combatant is the mechanic that allowed Ambushers to go from one kill to the next. It was nerfed to no longer recharge 100% Ambusher fuel.

NO WAY would that make any sense to give a max that much power, you're off your rocker. Even if your complaint is that 1 max alone isn't too much of a threat (which is not true, but let's pretend), 1 max with support, or multiple maxes absolutely are.

I don't care how you viewed it as a new player, that isn't what the dude said, he said the TR LMGs suck.

I disregard it because it is not a common problem, at all. For the one or two people it affects, sure it's a very annoying problem, but it is not widespread nor an overall problem with the game. Wrap your head around that.

Is this a copy pasta? Post your character, so I can see just why this dude is such an issue.

Try again, bro.

They've added new vehicles, new vehicle weapons, vehicle abilities, construction, infantry weapons, infantry tools, infantry gear, utility gear, implants, more implants, a whole faction, Hossin, new bases, etc., etc... and that's only listing general things, not the specifics for each. How good those additions were will vary by opinion, but they have added a tonne of stuff.

Again, you even play this game, bro?
  10. VeryCoolMiller

With the exception of infiltrator (that is broken beyond any immagination) the current game is way more balanced of the broken thing we had at launch. There are some bases that could use improvements but in general the game is fun especially if you are in an outfit.
    • Up x 1