Any use of 'Forward Grip' for V10? [VS]

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Chubile, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Chubile

Hei everyone.

I just got the V10 unlocked and I was wondering if the 'Forwrd Grip' has any use for a sniper rifle, 'cause I don't see anyone: I don't have any sustained fire with the V10 or even with any other sniper rifle, so what is it food for? I need to reload after every single shot - or I'm able to switch to automatic and I don't know? :(

I must admit that it might be useful for NYX / Artemis - but V10 / XM98?

Second: 'Suppressor' has any negative aspects (like increasing bullet drop or something near it?)

Third: 'Flashlight' useful? I don't want to waist any certs for senseless modifications and I don't think the flashlight is that good (mind: opponents can see you way easier and if you snipering 'round you won't need a flashlight for a target that's about 250 meters away from you...).

Last but not least: Which Optics you recommend me to unlock? I played with 12x 'til now, but I don't know exactly if it's really the best one. From time to time I have to search a opponent for a spell, because it's just such a grand aggrandisement..
  2. yama

I found the 8x scope to be a nice compromise.
    You still get the A shape for more screen real estate and have decent zoom with it.

Trash the flash light. You won't need it. And since it is a bolt-action gun and you need to scope back in after every shot the forward grip really does not make sense either. I don't know why it is even an option.

The suppressor is not an attachment you buy, slap on your gun and forget. It is a tool, to be used when appropriate.
    Sniping close to of from within enemy lines? Suppressor
    Defending a base or sniping from far enough out or from within a crown? Bare barrel.

The positive effect is that you won't show up on radar maps when firing a shot.
    Its downsides are, depending on the gun, a very distinguished noise, a decrease of bullet velocity and an increase of bullet drop.

Head-shots will always kill. Always. No matter how far away you are or how much nano-weave your target has.
    • Up x 1
  3. Rigsta

The V10's a punch-battery-action (err, bolt-action) rifle so recoil is not an issue. It does have a use on the Artemis, indeed on any auto that has some side-to-side recoil.

The suppressor reduces projectile velocity, meaning greater drop and difficulty hitting moving targets at long range.

Flashlight: Personal preference, I found it to be all but useless for anything except announcing my presence. On every class.

Optics: Personal preference. The default scope is 6x so the 7x is a waste of certs imo. My advice is to buy the 8x, 10x and 12x, see which one you like best at the range you normally snipe from and stick with it. I like the 8x because I don't really do extreme-range sniping, others swear by 12x.
    • Up x 1
  4. ST4LK3R

'Forward Grip' is useless for V10 and XM98.
    'Suppressor' increases bulletdrop.
    Flashlight is unless too.
    I think which type of scope you should you really depends on your playstyle.
  5. vampwood

Assuming the V10 is the SR-7 equivalent, nano weave and certain ranges WILL save people from your headshot kills with 1 bar of hp.
  6. ickr

The foregrip on the v10 will let you stay scoped after your shot.
  7. vampwood

You don't need a foregrip to do this, just hold down the mouse button.
  8. Revanmug

False. People with nanoweave will survive HS over distance that I estimate to be around 150m and maybe a bit under.
  9. Wobberjockey

false. the only time i've not had a headshot kill was at much longer ranges, on HA's with their overshield up... and i suspect i shot them in the shoulder, not the head
  10. Revanmug

HA with overshield will survive a HS at any distance. Well, now that I think about it, I haven't try under 10m. Maybe this close, it would work.
  11. vampwood

Within 10m you will kill them even with overshield.

Even medics will survive a headshot at extreme ranges with the high velocity rifles and long ranges with the scout bolt action. They will survive with 1 hp bubble.
  12. Revanmug

yeah, completly forgot about that limited range.

Class doesn't matter since every class has the same stats. We could be talking of HA or LA or INF. The only difference is that you have a possible higher chance of seeing LA/Inf with bandolier rather than nanoweave.
  13. yama

500 kills in between the xm98 and the v10 and I have yet to see that happen. Well maybe I'm lucky :)
  14. Helwyr

Yeah this whole Nanoweave thing has yet to be proved anything more than a myth. I imagine it's grown from assumptions posted as facts on the forum combined with in game issues like hits not registering and narrowly missed headshots.

As to the OP, as others have said forward grip on the bolt actions makes no sense, not sure why it's even an option. Only the flashlight is more stupid, what kind sniper sticks a flashlight on his rifle? o_O
  15. Revanmug

Hey man, I got 2118 kills out 5749 of with the LA80. I used it enough to know that at certain spot in major base give certain one shot kill and others that will probably need a second shot.

Now I hope you are satisfied in my mad l33t skillzzz numb3rs !!!1one!1!! and realise I'm speaking from experience. It becomes more and more frequent depending on the distance as more people use nanoweave. As I don't have a distance finder so I can only estimate and I say 150m is the distance where nanoweave can save your life.

"narrowly missed headshots" do 0 damage as they miss or do body damage. Bolt action sniper to the chest don't leave you with around 10% HP.
  16. Krona

It's a fact, nanoweave will let you survive a headshot from at the very least a high velocity bolt action as long as you are outside the close range damage area. I've done it myself with an outfitmate.

It's easy as hell to test. I'm pretty sure having enough nanoweave will let you live from a normal bolt action too.
  17. yama

I just said that I have yet to see that happen in 500 and something head shots. Nothing to do with leet skillz or whatever you want to read into it so snap. No need to be a ***** about it.