Any Tips For Sticky 'Nade?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by 1NieMamPomyslu1, Aug 31, 2014.

1. 1NieMamPomyslu1

I have recently bought sticky grenades in attemp to get directive reward (though auraxiuming the turret seems so boring), but I can't kill a single enemy (lots of TK's only), I see that you guys seem to love it so do you have some tricks and tips for effectively using sticky grenade?

completely offtopic: what does the "PSA" tag mean?
  2. OldMaster80

Do they stick to spawn room shields? That was a nice trick when facing spawn room warriors.
  3. FireclawX

Stick it to maxes... Will kill the engie that's repping it and give you a sweet assist on the max :O

Also, PSA stands for "Public Service Announcement"
    • Up x 1
  4. Agnt

-Wait for biolab defence fight
    -Get one of your friends to play in opposing force as MAX
    -Use him as mule to drag your sticky nade into the telporter room
    -Get ridiculous amount of kills in just a few minutes

And for those who thinks this is exploit, i did think same just while ago.
    Still ppls doing this have been reported multiple times and nothing happened to them so far
    • Up x 1
  5. NC supporter

Sticky nade is not exactly worth it, I would recommend the AV nade.
  6. Bhudda V1

this is easy
    1. get a grenade bandolier
    2. find a good choke point in fight with a fair amount of people 15+ more = better
    3. see enemy player pop forward into said choke point
    4. throw grenade at said enemy player trying to stick it to them and if more than 1 player don't stop throwing
    5. see player get killed before sticky goes off almost all players will back up behind cover towards their friendlies
    6.hear/see grenade explosion killing 1 or more enemies
    7. ???????
    8. Profit
    • Up x 2
  7. Alarox

My two hour session the other day:

[IMG]

31 double kills, 15 triple kills, 7 multi-kills, 5 mega-kills, 3 ultra kills, and a Holy $hit (9 kills in rapid succession)

Step 1: Grenade Bandolier
    Step 2: Find a large fight with choke points.
    Step 3: Throw yourself into the thick of danger and chuck as many grenades as you can at clusters of enemies. Potentially run out through a choke point and spam grenades at your feet as you run through tons of enemies.

Although, sometimes you have to choose to throw only 1-2 at a time rather than your entire stock all at once.
    • Up x 2
  8. Wobulator

It works wonders in 48+ biolabs where you are attacking and are stuck in the teleporter rooms. Press "G" to start the animation, dart out quickly just as it releases, dart back inside, and see the certs roll in. With max grenade bandolier and a lot of luck, I can pull 10-20 certs/10 seconds (the time it takes to go back to sundy and resupply.) The best part is that people never seem to learn how to not cluster together.
    • Up x 1
  9. DrBash00

Well, i think if you want serious the directive, you need the granade boulder.
    Biolab with 48 or 96+ and try to clear some spawn rooms with tthem (there are always some maxes, going outside/insed the spawn all the time), and i dont think you need a friend for this to exploid like agnt sayed.

The best tip i can give you: HAVE FUN, because if you start having fun, sticking the nade to somebody else you will have the directive very fast.
    • Up x 3
  10. Bixli

..sticky nades are one of the best investments for an engi.
    - get grenade bandolier
    - equip 4 stickys
    - go to biolab,cqc,base, big hotspot whatever
    - run, throw, run, throw, or cover behind door , throw 4 nades into room , run.
    - optional: sneak, throw 1 sticky at infis head , run , giggle.
    = fun + certs.

-optional optionally: get c4 or anti-inf-mines too for more fun & certs while on runnin'/sneakin'.

alternatively : 1 sticky nade & 3 anti-tank-mines , cluster 3 tank-mines together throw your sticky at those , boogie time.
  11. Kaminski

While not exactly overly helpful, it can but a big smile on your face sticking a nade to a chaps face that is just about to drop you.
    Seeing the kill while on your death screen makes it a lot better :)
    • Up x 1
  12. Gicod

If you don't mind dying a lot, but with great reward and much fun, suicide bombing is for you. I deliberately look for losing tower fights now because charging out of the shield and getting off a sticky or 2 is a mass of guaranteed kills for each death you take. TI Alloys is a good base too because the enemy always seems to mass up in the building next to the vehicle pad. A losing battle at Quartz Ridge is great too because the enemy infantry tends to bottleneck at the bend in the switchback leading to the spawn and you can go up and over the hill outside the spawn and bomb the crap out of them. Now that I finally certed and started using them, stickies are the most fun by far.
  13. snail

Be a quarterback with them. Slant routes, go routes, crossing routes. If you can, I'd put them on your mouse so it feels organically like a throw.
  14. Flamberge

Toss them down heavily contested stairs. Got a quad kill with a single sticky nade yesterday by doing that.
    • Up x 1