[Vehicle] Any timeline on Prowler nerf ??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Anantidaephobia, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

You are doing this to yourself in this post:

[IMG]
  2. Gundem

I wish we had a heavy tank that fills the current roll of the Battlebus. I find the tanky harasser gameplay quite fun and rewarding. Not having to worry about aiming myself constantly, while at the same time having decent armor and firepower.

Maybe a passive for the current Sunderer? Give it less speed, no AMS or cloak, and let it use some S-Variants of the current MBT secondaries, somewhat nerfed to compensate for the fact that they are so strong. Maybe a little better armor too, perhaps with damage zones like an actual MBT.

Also, buff Basilisk's pls. I remember before SOE nerfed them, they used to be so much better :(
    • Up x 1
  3. Revel

Do you contribute anything meaningful to these threads or just useless drivel?
    • Up x 1
  4. Scr1nRusher

[IMG]
  5. LodeTria

The hell's going on here?
  6. Revel

Ah I see. You don't agree with what I say so it must trash right? Lemme know when you graduate from middle school and feel like contributing something meaningful with those 6,000+ posts.
    • Up x 1
  7. Scr1nRusher

Read his comment.

Also the Chaos Warps pull is getting stronger in this thread.
    • Up x 1
  8. Moridin6

9. Scr1nRusher

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  10. LodeTria

I did. You're the one who compared it to ****.

Doesn't highlight mines anymore. Hasn't been that way for a long time.
  11. ColonelChingles

Given how C4 pretty much has the same effectiveness as MBT AP cannons and is more effective than HEAT, then I suppose a tank being killed by AP cannon is also entirely the fault of the tanker? :rolleyes:

Oh sure, then infantry has nothing to complain about a 100m HE OHK range... because they can always wear Flak Armour, right? :p

Tankers don't farm, at least not anything compared to what infantry do to each other. Infantry are the true farmers in the game. Case in point, C4. I mean in PS2 you're about four times as likely to die to C4 as you are to an HE cannon, and I think only a maximum of 20% of C4 kills are against tanks (the remaining 80% are against infantry targets).

I mean just look at Subterranean Nanite Analysis or the Biolabs. Those are the worst places in PS2 to find farming, yet tanks are not heavily included in either of those places.

But yea, keep fooling yourself that the tanks are farmers.
    • Up x 1
  12. Scr1nRusher

Also don't forget EOD HUD(when it works.)
  13. koopa

looking at the situation, its not the prowler being OP, its playing to it's strengths.

only way a prowler is taking out multiple sundies before they can get behind cover is if its 2/2 lockdown with either a halberd or gatekeeper. now i know this sounds absurd, but a locked down prowler is moderately weak to air units and engineer AV turrets. and lockon launchers. and decimators, and ravens, and phoenix rockets, and lancers, liberator tank busters, daltons, ect.

so all i can say is get guud since theres so many ways to counter a single or small group of locked down prowlers besides trying to pull more targets for them to shoot at.
    • Up x 1
  14. Revel

How utterly laughable. MBT cannons have range. C4 must be applied by a squishy class that can die in 1 hit to many weapons, the player must also hope no one shoots him in the time he's completely exposed in the air while he's dropping his bricks, and likely detonates instantly also killing himself in the process. If you were paying attention and checking your surroundings, moving, and not sitting under ledges, you wouldn't get C4ed.

C4 is effective against vehicles because it has to be to make up for most of the crap tier infantry AV abilities.

If you aren't running radar, are a 1/2 tank, or are a solo lightning with no one watching your back then yes, yes it is your fault. At some point take some personal responsibility for your bad play decision.

They wouldn't if Flak armor actually stopped a direct hit from being a OHK, but since you don't even understand that Flak armor doesn't work that way...

And yet I see so many you desperately trying to find any angle possible to shoot into doorways or the like, never daring to actually leave the vehicle pick up a weapon and do something like pop a gen or rush the point.
  15. FrozenCustard

Taking out a lockdown prowler is easy and can be done in many different ways. You can strap C4 to your wraith fury flash and pray to Allah as you detinate into their butt, you can sit in a death flash rumble seat to drop tankmines in their butt, liberater tank buster, ESF hornets to the butt, and even use drifters and a jump-pad/high ground to give them a present.
  16. FieldMarshall

Troll confirmed.

Especially obvious after this line.
    Yes, let me just spray in the general direction of the enemy hitting with 6 bullets per mag, no need to aim.
    Instant win for the Vulcan user. So easy, so op.

Its either a really bad trolling attempt, or you're an idiot who has never used a Vulcan and dont know what you are talking about.
    Either way, you should feel bad about yourself for posting bs.
  17. Eternaloptimist

I'm pure infantry. I've no knowledge of vehicles but I can see the logic of them being balanced against each other.

But already I find my avatars most often die to explosives - from aircraft, tanks or the occasional grenade/C4. It takes several hits or several infantry to stop a tank or aircraft and tbh I've given up joining or following big tank fights (also because of the number of 'friendly' roadkills).

Harassers and Flashes are already a big enough threat to infantry but at least they can be hurt in return.
  18. Jake the Dog

In the defense of tankers roadkilling you it can be pretty hard to maintain awareness of all people around it, especially when engaging other vehicles and it needs repairs.
  19. Eternaloptimist

Oh yeah, I'm not blaming them..........it just happens so the best way to avoid it is to stay away. I realise infantry have the most ability to avoid roadkills but sometimes it jsut ain't possible with so many vehicles around.
  20. Gammit

This is how tanks vs armored buses are supposed to work.