Any point in going to the other continents

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exostrike, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Exostrike

I've been playing on Indar all of my game life and I'm wondering if I should go to the other continents?

Though from what I can tell the other continents are conquered by one faction or the other and the main fighting goes on in Indar so is there any advantage to going abroad, like easy captures or is it an advance against an entrenched enemy?
  2. Jestunhi

I fight on all 3.

But I prefer Indar as it's less flat and therefore not as vehicle dominated.
  3. Exostrike

And the other hand, the valley like system does mean that when vechiles do turn up they dominate an area.
  4. KoooZ

Generally when I login I'll pull up the map and quickly assess the territory controlled by and % popluation of each empire on the conts.

If your faction has 40% pop and almost no territory you can bet there's some capturing about to happen. If your faction has nearly everything, the ownershup bonus and 5% pop you can bet we just finished taking that cont and everyone moved elsewhere. Just use those stats to quickly figure out where your empire could use you and go there.
  5. Jestunhi

Yup, but if you leave the area it is harder for the vehicle zerg to get to your new position.
  6. CommodoreFrank

I rarely go anywhere but Indar on Mattherson, because the other two continents are generally just a giant zerg. At least Indar has SOME battles.
  7. mina5

I play mainly on Indar . why ? Well there i can find best battles ,even tough i'd like fight on snow map.

And to CommondoreFrank . i am waiting for server merges so we can forget about zergs and focus on Tyranids . Bigger battle = more fun
  8. Securion

I mostly play on Amerish (less air).
    Is there any point in going to other continents?
  9. Irondove

Personal opinion but if they made it a requirement to take outpost surrounding a plant and placed a timer on the plant to effect the resource that those plants give. Resorces Benefitted from other continents would have enough time to kick in. Also those continents your faction owns should have a reciprocal effect of -10% cost to other factions.

Additionally resource pools should be increased for each continent owned by 10% and reduced by -10% for other factions. This will make continents much more important than they currently are..servers need to be merged az well.
  10. Dubious

Indar is the only balanced cont
    Its where its almost always equal pop
    Esamir and Amerish always have 1 faction with 40%+
  11. Mietz

If you run out of resources on indar, and your faction holds one of the other two, you can go there and idle for a few minutes to get resources.
  12. smokemaker

I find that my NC character commonly is low on resources. For the main map played on my server, finds the NC always pushed back. Limiting my resources. So off to the map with little resistance, where NC holds a lot of territory, so i can sit in the warp gate recharging my resources, so I can go back to the map where everyone is actually at.
  13. Necron

Na, the area in and around The Crown is always active and a good place to play.
  14. Protential

I literally always get spawned on esamir and end up fighting there.

Today I said you know what, and went to Indar.

As soon as I spawned I was like "God damn, instead of complaining about vehicle spam I shoulda played here"
  15. Tuco

[IMG]
  16. kayben

There is no reason to play on any other continent than Indar because (on my server) the overpowered easy-mode strafe-tank faction dominates them all the time. http://i.imgur.com/75mXX.png
  17. -lOldboyl-

Trying to make ground on Indar is impossible 95% of the time.
  18. bluEyedillusions

The landscape of all the continents are real different; not just the color palette.

I love Amerish for its landscape especially. So many awesome nooks and crannies.