Any other 955 BE Users?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bolticus, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Bolticus

My setup has a EXTREMELY weak GPU, slightly slower than an Intel HD4000. But I own a 955 BE.
    For some reason in game, I'm still CPU limited in any large battle where the game seems to lock itself at 8 FPS.
    Even if I overclock to 4.0 GHZ it makes absolutely no difference. Even setting shadows from off-high makes no difference.

So, if you are a 955 BE owner, can you tell me how PS2 runs for you and what your settings are? I'm sick of having 8 FPS. Even as a MAX I struggle to take down infantry.
  2. Rivotril

I have the 955 BE, with 5770 (a little oc) and 4gb ram. I get 20-30 fps on big battles.

All medium - shadows off - render 85% at 1600x900.
  3. WUNDER8AR

I got a 955 BE at 3,2 GHZ with a 560ti and 8g of RAM. I'm running the game on mixed settings. 1920x1080, 1k render distance, high overall graphics, high textures, high models, everything else on medium with shadows and flora turned off. I'm CPU limited the majority of the time. Framerates are capped at 60. In medium sized battles I'm usually getting about 40FPS. Current minimum FPS in large battles is 20, which only ever happens at AMP stations. I was playing on low settings before and the game was running a lot worse actually. Upping my gfx settings slightly upped my framerates.
  4. Bolticus

What the hell is wrong with my setup?
    I would kill for that FPS!:p
  5. Bolticus

Starting to wonder if my CPU is on it's deathbed.
    I've also been getting 10 second pauses when browsing the internet.
  6. MrForz

During large battles, your CPU will pretty much always be the one bottlenecking in priority, no matter your GPU.
  7. IamDH

8. Bolticus

It could be my RAM.
    I've had programs close saying it couldn't read the memory at "address".
    I'll have to test it.

EDIT: I've just tested my CPU using Prime95, no errors. I'll test the RAM next.
  9. Craeshen

My suggestion at this point if your seeing 10 second pauses it sounds like corrupted drivers.

So my suggestion is wipe the drive your os is on and start from scratch. It's kind of like an oil change in your car over time the os slowly accumulates junk files for lack of a better description which slows everything down. Now as for how often an os wipe and reinstall should be done varies.

Also most AMD cpu's in my experience will happily over clock about 400mhz without giving you much grief. But do so @ your own risk.

Also over time sometimes driver's do become corrupted which can lead to some weird behavior. So unless you can pin down something that was changed recently that started the pauses my best advice is start from a clean slate and add components in one by one with the most upto date driver's available for them.
  10. TeknoBug

I got a 955 BE but haven't used it in a while, I used it while on the road for 6 months over the winter and struggled with PS2, swapped it out for the 1090T and saw little difference.

Pauses even while browsing the internet sounds like either the power supply or the OS itself, you got an anti-virus?
  11. Bolticus

Haven't upgraded my vid card drivers in 2 months. Just got extremely lazy.:p

I'll consider re-installing Windows 7 after I do a full anti-virus scan. Hopefully I'll find some virus that is the cause of all this.
  12. Bolticus

......Don't have an anti-virus.:rolleyes: What do you recommend for a thorough virus-sweep?

Although I often open up the task manager and look for any suspicious processes. So far I've caught 2 and removed them.