Any Noob-Unfriendliness we could fix quickly?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JibbaJabba, Sep 5, 2018.

1. DeadlyOmen

Since the dawn of gaming, newbies only need to know one thing:

"It is better to give than receive"

Anyone looking for a free-ride to the position of giver will not stay long.
  2. Ge0mancer

Coming direct from a noob, I would say give each of the factions at least one gun with an equivalent of Unstable Ammunition which starts equipped. Long term I know I need to learn to both move effectively and also aim for the head but as it stands that ends up being too much for me to effectively process at the moment and I die before I have the chance to practice at all. The Maw has allowed me to not worry so much about landing headshots (I practive that with the Tanto) or even aiming as effectively and instead work on the juking which makes my opponent miss and keeps me alive long enough to learn something from the fight. My biggest argument for it is simply I've had more fun playing with the Maw (both with and without Unstable Ammunition) than any other LMG I've tried. I still die all the time but it doesn't feel like that's ALL I'm doing.
  3. Inogine

Really just people being friendly and offering advice to new folks is the best thing to do. Some factions have easier to use weapons than others and that learning curve can be difficult to process. There's also the fact that lag will get ya killed in odd ways so it's best not to be too competitive in it else you're going to lose your mind on some deaths.

Perhaps the only thing I can think of are simple bots in the training VR thing that run back and forth in different ways at range in and out of cover to let people practice hitting targets on the move. Other than that, there's not much hope aside from hoping the community does their job in helping people adapt.

I tend not to use the halloween laugh horn at new folks when I kill'em after all. Tends to make people very angry at the blue harasser and start cussing it out. I'll also drub the new folk's vehicles the same as anyone else's, but I tend to leave the pilots alive if I realize they're new. Get out of jail free kinda card deal. You can usually tell by how they react.