any guides on how to be close range infiltrator?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Goobus, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Goobus

so I just started playing the Infiltrator class. Im more interested in being with the squad, hacking terminals and being inside battles rather than Sniping. What weapons, attachments and class upgrades would I need? Im mainly interested in the class upgrades more than anything else. like utility, tools, grenades etc. just everything to get me started. thanks =D!
  2. ghnurbles

I would recommend using your faction's semi-automatic Scout Rifle, with laser dot and silencer attachments. The anti-infantry mines are also incredibly useful for close range work.
  3. Xocolatl

I just go straight for the normal bolt action rifle and only move about when I'm cloaking. I rarely shoot anyone with that build..just spot people, then occasionally snipe important targets, or counter-snipe. I get pretty low XP, but I know that my squad can advance a ton because of me.
  4. Goobus

so for TR it would be the claymore proximity mines? and the HSR-1 semi automatic sniper?
  5. ghnurbles

Yes to the claymores, not sure on the rifle name. It should be described as a semi-auto scout rifle, not a semi-auto sniper rifle.
  6. Goobus

yea the HSR-1 is the heavy scout rifle. Im trialing that gun atm. Its really really powerful, like 2 to 3 hits n they die but im still getting used to the semi auto function. its a lot harder to use when in CQC situations haha. ill also try out the automatic rifle as well. but do u have any suggestions on like armor abilities, passive etc?
  7. sideshow

The auto carbine is OK. Really though, we should start by crying in here until they give us back shotguns.
  8. Rigsta

The current cloaks are not suited for actual infiltration. The Nyx (semi-auto scout rifle) & NC/TR versions are really nice for close-up work, the Artemis (auto scout rifle) is ok but crippled by its 20-round mag, mines are great. Don't forget your grenades.

Oh, and the knife kills in 2 hits and is very quiet.
  9. ghnurbles

Use the default Hunter cloak, the shield-cloak isn't as useful in most situations. I would suggest nano-weave or shield regen for the suit slot, as ammo isn't a huge concern with the semi-auto rifles.
  10. karuta

Mostly I'm running around for close combat using Shield Regen, LA80 (I'm doing low to mid range sniping with Bolt Action, not sure if I'll get any scout weapon, yet) on 7x scope and mostly needed my Rebel with Laser Sight and Silencer.
    I don't have any mines yet, so I haven't been able to try them yet.
    Mostly I sneak up onto an enemy on cloak, uncloak, hit them 2 or 3 times with the rebel and finish with my knife.

What I'm mainly doing on squads is throwing the enemy out of their turrets and taking out annoyances on roofs, while running around and flipping everything I can get my fingers on.
  11. PanzerGoddess

If your TR try using the TSAR with a 4x scope, the close range power works alot better than any of the scout rifles, 2 shots for any kill or one to the head.
  12. Lavalampe

and if you are NC just go for the Bolt Action with Ironsights (I don't know the name atm. For Vanu it's the "Ghost").

1. Cloak und walk in Range.
    2. Uncloak while aiming for the head when he's standing still
    2b. If he's moving aim for the chest
    3. Fire, if he's still alive (chest hit) switch to your Pistol and finish him. For Nc you should use the Rebel so your next chest hit should finish him.
    4. Cloak away