Any Connery H1Z1 Participants LFG?

Discussion in 'Connery (US West)' started by A Crispy Taco, May 17, 2014.

1. A Crispy Taco

Hello! If you will be playing H1Z1 in the Steam early release coming soon then perhaps we can group up and survive together :)

The main goal of this post is to raise awareness of the DayZ knock-off that SOE is releasing called "H1Z1" and to start a Connery Survivors group where we band together and play H1Z1 as a collective server.

I would like to see good hearted people willing to help random strangers FIRST rather than mug or murder them but lets face it, it's a video game... people are going to do some trolly **** because they can get away with it. So as long as we can get along as a group that would be a good enough start for me. On a side note: As someone who KOS murdered everyone I saw in DayZ for well over a year, being a complete ******** all the time really ruins the game for everyone. You lose out on any meaningful player interactions which helps keep the game more than just a KOS FFA FPS + Zombies.

Anyway SORRY for the "wrong game stupid" post, just thought it would be fun to play this upcoming game with the people I game with the most, Connery :)

If you are interested in playing H1Z1 add friend ACrispyTaco in game and I will give you my steam account. Thanks for reading
    • Up x 1
  2. BorialisAurora

we might be interested in this Crispy, I will talk it over with the hospitallers.
  3. Iridar51

I just realized that H1Z1 is a game and probably people will play it. Never even occurred to me somebody would want to play it.

Kinda like when sister gets pregnant, the brother realizes she had sex :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  4. Silvermyst

Hmmm... I've been thinking about trying out H1Z1 with early acess, but can't really decide yet.

I don't know much about the game other than it's in PS2's engine, and it's SOE's version of DayZ.

DayZ was quite a lot of fun, especially since I had 2 real world friends who played it with me all the time, but the low cap on metagame meant that after just a month of playing we felt like we had done everything there was to do. I mean, the basic pretense is "survive>find gear>find better gear>ba a bandit and kill random people OR go hunt the bandits who are killing random people"

We pretty much always did the second option, but after speckling the map with hideout tents full of gear and guns we had scavenged from the map and taken off the bodies of those nasty bandits we felt we had basically "won the game". The fun dwindled pretty quick after that. We tried being bandits for a little while, but murdering random people for no real reason is definitely not my idea of a good time. We also tried going to different servers and not stockpiling stuff, just starting off with nothing and trying to get to each other while finding gear, but that got very repetitive very quickly, and had basically no depth of play.

I mean in comparison Planetside 2 has no real metagame, but it's fun because it has of lots of different types of combat that you can easily and quickly access. I always felt that in DayZ the fun was based in needing to get a hold of scarce resources and weapons, then find better weapons. That was the metagame, and the game was built around it. But the problem was it was too easy to find those resources, that there weren't very many weapon types in the game, so you basically had 3 tiers at best if you want to think of it in those terms. Those tiers would be such as basic survival weapons, such as axes and what not, "standard" weapons, ie: your basic rifles, handguns, etc, and advanced weapons which would be military quality modern LMGs assault rifles, sniper rifles, sub machine guns with suppressors and stuff.

So basically, after my rant I guess what I'm trying to say is that I need to see if H1Z1 does anything new, or gives me a reason to stick around. If it does then I'll likely play, and so would be interested with teaming up with some people from our great and prestigious server. But if not I'm going to have to pass.

Maybe come back and necro' this thread once the H1Z1 early access is opened up for people and there are some reviews around for it.

PS: The off topic discussion would probably have been a better location for this thread, maybe with the title "Connery H1Z1 recruitment"

PPS: DayZ might have gotten a lot better after I stopped playing, as it was and still is in development. If you've played it and there was something in the game that I didn't mention here that helped make it more fun and gave you more to do then please enlighten me, I'd be happy to hear it.
  5. A Crispy Taco

I guess some games aren't for everyone :) Hoping it will be better than the early release standalone GayZ... Only time will tell! Regardless of what it could/should be, for those who join in, it should be fun getting to play with everyone from Connery. I know I'm looking forward to it!
  6. brobackoff

I might be interested ill see ill ask the troopers
  7. A Crispy Taco

A few of us are playing DayZ off and on as well while we wait for it to go live. If you would like to join us in the Standalone for a side game until H1Z1 launches you are welcome to join us. Drop me a whisper via the forums here and I will get you our TS info.
  8. ASHMASTER82

Sounds great! I'll ask my crew and see if we can join the survival cause!