Antipersonnel mines: Warning, comment, and questions

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Tryton, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Tryton

First the warning: While Antipersonnel mines may be faction friendly in that only enemies will activate them, the blast is deadly to everyone, so be careful. Not a shocker I know, but since the blast radius is not stated this could be tricky now and then.

Comment: It looks like (for the VS at least) it takes 150 Cert points to carry a 2nd mine, but 2200 spent to get to the end of Utility Pouch before I can carry a 3rd. Just let me spend 200-300 directly in the Proximity Mine line to carry the 3rd mine.

Now for the questions: Do the mines expire after a certain period of time? And is there any limit to how many can be placed at once? And if Iwere to redeploy to another area, what happens to the mines?
  2. FateJH

I wish it were that easy. I'm not happy with the higher level of certification for AT or AI mines because I'm spending 50 more for just one mine than I paid for two. It IS worse if you're not getting C4 but still are going for the Utility Pouch for more mines. Much like higher levels of the repair tool, the whole deal seems like kind of a rip-off.

You can place mines to your heart's content, as many as your infantry resources and stockpile allow. There might be a hard limit per hex but it's not noticeable and the only time I've seen that many mines is in one place is the front door of the Crown.

The mines may expire after a certain period of time but for most people they get detonated without killing anything (mine guard, nearby explosions, etc.) long before that. I've never run into mines rotting in strange places, at any rate. Someone mentioned a maximum player distance possibility but I've yet to encounter that.
  3. Marko Box

Its kinda a rip off agreed, what i would like to see is for utility pouch to go only to 500 certs where it gives u 3rd AI mine. 5th AT mine is usseles and its ******** to cert into that line soo much in order to get to 3rd AI mine.
    Im currently working on utility pouch and 2x c4s are proving ussefull, what im aiming for is 4x at mines and 3x c4 for which u need 1.2k certs i think
  4. Uzii

I was under the impression they last until you log off or switch continent. However, you can only place as many you can carry at once, or so the tooltip says.
  5. Skiptis

If you place more than the number you can carry one of your previous mines instantly despawns. I only have the first level of AP Mine certs so I can't test it but I assume it despawns the oldest placed mine.