[BUG] Antiair rocketlauncher broken.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Monnor, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Monnor

This 1000 cert thing is broken like hell. Sometimes it does less then nothing dmg , sometimes it dont even HIT the target and explode behind him. Sometimes it flys simple through the target. Sometimes the rocket lose its target.

And why the rocket flys slower then a liberator dosent gets me.

My question is this a antiair weapon , or a 1000 cert joke to make some fun about their buyers.
    • Up x 5
  2. Osmadius

I'm really hoping it's bugged. If the state of that launcher is intentional then the future of ps2 is short and bleak.
  3. MoonAcE

i have the same feeling like u, if it hits sometimes, it does way too less dmg(4-5 shoots to kill the lowest air vehicle...), sometimes it loses its focus, without reason, then sometimes it just explodes behind the air vehicle or flys through it, its annoying to see that, saved so long for it and then this crap happened
    • Up x 2
  4. Hodo

I have quit using mine and went back to the ML-7 all purpose rocket launcher. I kill more aircraft with it than I do the Grounder MANPAD missile.
  5. siiix

yep i posted the same after the last post

there is actualy more wrong with it then that

smal planes are faster then the rocket

and the ground rocket fall is so big that it cant even hit a target when its locked on
    it also locks on turrets but it never actually hits it
    • Up x 1
  6. spyder2006

My problems are it takes forever to lock, if im not already dead by the time I lock, theres 1 in 4 chance of it running off into the sunset and even if it manages to track the aircraft one simple back flip and off it goes into the sunset.
    I have managed to hit one aircraft with the AA missile launcher since the upgrade, its worst than useless.. Since a good enemy pilot will have a rocket salvo headed your way long before you manage to lock..

It needs more damage, one hit one kill for scythes and other small aircraft with a longer re-load or maybe a cool down.
    Right now there isnt much that can counter Aircraft, and they are making the most of it.. Theres no reason why aircraft should be able to hover over manned enemy bases with no fear from anything thrown at them..
  7. Ratsle

Yep, broken bad after the last patch. I don't mind the drop in dumb fire mode, makes sense as they are working towards getting rid of it, what I mind is the fact that only 1 out of 5 rockets I lock on and fire actually hit planes. They are not using flares, running the rockets into terrain, or dodging it. The rocket simply does not hit, or it hits and does no damage.
  8. Monnor

Well and this "explode behind target" bug, the same thing happend in BF3, just weird.
  9. PurpleOtter

Sometimes the Aircraft eject flare animation does not work or does not render. Some of the unexplained ineffective rounds may be due to counter measures employed by your intended target.
    • Up x 1
  10. Monnor

Troll somewhere else. Three shots in short duration, and all explode behind him. The flare timer is on highest grade at least 25 secs long.
  11. PurpleOtter

I'm not trolling, if the conditions you listed are correct, then there definitely is a problem....and please note, I did not say ALL missed shots were due to a render problem...
    • Up x 1
  12. Monnor

I allready know how a rocket acts, if the pilot use flares, and im sure he will not wait until the rcket is right behind em, to kick his ***. No , there is something wrong with. As a fact, the lock on rockets from a fighter have not this issue.
  13. spyder2006

[/QUOTE]Sometimes the Aircraft eject flare animation does not work or does not render. Some of the unexplained ineffective rounds may be due to counter measures employed by your intended target.[/QUOTE]

Since the upgrade I have seen one pilot use it once, the rest simply did a backflip and lost it. The missile should be thrown using chaff or flares or complicated maneuvers but a missile shouldnt be dumber than the unguided version. I want my 1000 credits back for it!!!
  14. L1ttlebear

You sound like a complete moron lol
    purpleotter was simply offering a different perspective and you immediately start insulting and insinuating that his words are nothing more than trolling and therefor worthless. As someone who uses the hawk routinely, I am empathetic of the bugs; however, insulting people who offers a different perspective just makes you look childish.
    Please refrain from needless insults. Your mother (whom you most likely still live with or need to live with again) should have taught you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. :)
  15. Monnor

I do not need different perspectives, cause im not a casual cod shooter player, which just take a weapon, do not kill anything instantly with, and go scream bug. I took the weapon, and made some tests with, its not imagination, or simple fist shaking broken screaming. So if you try to change my view, just ask before, if its not a mistake, otherwise be quit.
    Im not one of those " oh dont say something bad, maybe they dont like me anymore" cause i give a **** about if someone like me.
  16. Kaoschan

Today i noticed it again.

Even if i lock-on something (for example G2G and i'm about 70m above my enemy in terms of hight) and he was 360m away all the time, not moving at all!
    My rocket did 0 damage, despite hitting him on the top (don't forget he was stationary)

Than i moved closer to him about 60-80m and viola .. my rockets did damage. Why on hell ...
  17. Rylan

They announced a change to the G2A weapons. There was a huge backlash that they were changing the weapon completely and people wanted refunds.

They then announced they werent going to make the change but the weapon suddenly takes a lock on timer nerf, a projectile speed nerf and a damage nerf. Now theyre just rebalancing stats and not changing the weapon. Case closed.
  18. Veri

At the moment the HA G2A rocket launcher is primarily an ESF scare tactic.
    I am fine with the lock on timer and dumb-fire drop.

The issue is the lack of successfully damaging an ESF on impact.
    • Up x 1
  19. Flying Mug

Lock on in PS2 Explained:

No question in my mind that something about the Nemesis is off. I'm willing to believe it's a discrepancy in lock-on vs. effective range but I don't have any testing to support that. In any case, if the rockets are running out of range, they should explode or go ballistic, not keep tracking the target and exploding against it with no damage. And, of course, they shouldn't be locking on to things they have no prayer of hitting.

At the moment it's most useful for making pilots pop flares and maneuver into the sides of mountains or buildings.
    • Up x 1
  20. Kurreah

If a missile is affected by flares, it loses track and continues along current course.
    The issue here is where you see the missile actually impact the target, with the correct impact animation, but no actual damage is dealt to the target.

Trying to help is not trolling.
    Throwing insults over the internet at someone who is trying to help might be though.
    • Up x 1