"Anti-Vehicle"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zaspacer, Apr 11, 2013.

1. zaspacer

Why are the Anti-Vehicle weapons in this game so effective against Infantry?

Anti-Vehicle Turrets kill Infantry better than Anti-Infantry Turrets.
    Anti-Vehicle Mana Turret kill Infantry better than Anti-Infantry Mana Turrets.
    • Up x 1
  2. Puppy

Infantry are weaker then tanks?
  3. Zotamedu

The AI Phalanx is pure and utter garbage at everything. They apparently buffed it in the recent patch after they failed to incorporate the buff in GU6. Or atleast the same patch notes were in both the updates. There are no indications of accuracy improvements so it'll still be completely useless against infantry but now that it does damage to vehicles, it might actually be used for something. They should still all be replaced by AV Phalanx.

The AV MANA turret is crap at taking out infantry unless they are far away and stand perfectly still. At close range, the AI MANA is much more effective but you need to be slightly suicidal since it's quite easy to snipe MANA turrets with rockets. I love it when I see an engineer manning a MANA because that's a free kill for me and my Decimator.
  4. zaspacer

If you design a weapon to kill Infantry, why would you design it to not be as good at killing Infantry as other weapons?

Yeah, they are atrocious. I sat in one recently and all the Infantry didn't even try to run away.

Gotcha. I play as an Infiltrator, and the AV Mana Turrets have better protection from Snipers in the front and can kill in one shot. So I guess it's class/situation based in terms of their effectiveness.
  5. Puppy

In my opinion the AI Turret is good for infantry encounters. They have also fixed it up so you are actually defended by being behind the shield now. I suggest giving it another try in a situation where the enemy is in one direction (so the shield is in full effect) and there may be more then one guy (AV Turret would have to reload).
  6. Ashnal

That's not true. In optimal usage covering a chokepoint, the AI Mana turret can kill more infantry than the AV Turret, due to the AV Turret's low rate of fire.
  7. WalrusJones

The AV weapons have to be overly effective, currently, the combined arms fraction of server populations has only peaked at 40% of the infantry!

.... Terrible logic. But its what the game fills in.
  8. vastaitku

This is not Pokémon. Armor piercing stuff pierces people too.

The AI Phalanx is a piece of ****. It's so inaccurate you can't hit anything with it.
  9. zaspacer

I know with the AI Mana Turret if they point at me I can Snipe them in the head where the shield is open at the top. In contrast, with the AV Mana even there doesn't seem to be a shield, but if they point it at me my bullets get deflected by the turret anyway.
  10. Puppy

I've aimed at snipers and have been shot before so I can't be sure what to think about this. I suppose you could fire at the turret itself with it's rsther low health.
  11. zaspacer

I need to go and check this again then. I will try VR and see what I can do there and report back.
  12. Zotamedu

They could buff it until it did 2000 damage to infantry and it would still be less useful against infantry than the AV Phalanx.