[Suggestion] Anti-Vehicle Scout Radar

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Toshogu, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Toshogu

Infiltrator needs a cert that costs 500-1000certs that prevents us from being detected on scout radar, or limits the effectiveness of scout radar.

basically a one shot expensive cert skill that keeps us off the scout radar, or a progressive cert skill that prevents us from being detected from longer ranges as we lvl the skill. example 100certs only detected by scout radar @ within 200meters, 250certs 150meters, 500certs 100 meters, 1000certs 50 meters. something like that, those are just spitball numbers. But you get the idea.

I find that ESF with rocket pods are my bane. They just fly around with scout radar and rockets with NV and they find me like no ones business.

and on that topic also a cert that kills our nv signature would be nice
  2. ShadowReaper500

An interesting idea and I like it. It would really make infiltrators more effective at... well infiltrating. The range is something that can be tweeked if necessary and a direct spot(pressing Q) should still light up the infiltrator on the map as usual, maybe for a shorter time.
    Good idea mate!
  3. Helwyr

No, Vehicle radar shouldn't detect any non MAX Infantry to begin with, and IR/thermal scopes/sights shouldn't be enhancing seeing cloaked infiltrators. We shouldn't have to give up a slot and pay a 1000 certs for this stuff, if the game was remotely balanced in this regard it would work that way by default.

I don't know who's great idea at SOE it was to put 200m Scout Radar (twice the range of the next best Flash at 100m) on ESFs the already most powerful single player vehicle in the game. Basically this game is horribly balanced between roles atm, and Infantry have been dealt the worst of it, and among Infantry Infiltrators rank poorly as well.

Just compare that it costs me 30 certs to gain radar stealth for my Sunderer, a great big truck with great strategic value. No such option even exists for Infantry. An ESF can have up to 200m permanent radar, an Infiltrator gets 3 crappy darts that covers a tiny portion of that and last moments.