Anti Tank Sticky NADES

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Kameho, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Kameho

Sticky grenade that does significant damage towards enemie vehicles.

This is something engineers should have.

Approx same damage as the Heavy rocket launcher.

Advantage and Disadvantage?

Gives you a alternative weapon to counter armor, rather than ALLAH AHKBARU into tanks with C4 / mines (well C4 far superior )

Does weaksauce damage towards infantry (only does 50% damage if some Bad Luck brian were to get the nade stuck to him, that is, if he is at full health, his shield will get busted. if no shield, splat. )

No AOE damage.

Replaces other currently used grenades.

Im a Engineer player, I rarely use Frag grenades, even thou I should use em more often.
    Im mostly counter armor type. And I cant stand playing heavy, even thou i do jump to heavy just for the rocket launcher. Put prefer staying a Engi.
    got the sticky nades, but their anti-infantry. Would be nice to have AT sticky nades.
    Definatly not unrealistic, thinkin that AT sticky nades were commonly used in early 2ww, before the germans started Zimmerzeiting their panzers. (sticky nades became a plague to the german tankers, so Zimmerzeit is a special type of welding that prevents sticky nades to attacking).

Also make tanks able to upgrade Zimmerzeit for their defensive slot, that will prevent sticky nades getting attached to the tank.
    • Up x 2
  2. Aelloon

There's no point in doing that. Either the grenades will be borderline useless or tankspammers will whine the hell out of it and just get it nerfed, even if they make the anti-sticky grenade upgrade free, no one would use it but people would still cry OP.
  3. Kameho

Not really, Zimmerzeit will be a good alternative when your defending a point, as you know there will always be alot of enemie engineers, and when defending, mines and others will be less of a issue.
    Again, you will be stuck with the choise: Risk beeing nade spammed? Run over a mine? or have a standoff against enemie armor?

People cry OP nomatter what, just look on the AT mines.
    People cry OP TR or VANU or NC.
    People cry that using a Tissue would be to OP if you had the option to use one in game.

Sunderers are OP, Lightening are OP, Libs are OP, even GAL ramming into air is OP.

Sure, some stuff are abit off the balance chart, but if people complain that sticky nades were to be to powerfull, even thou it does the same damage as a rocket launcher, and you only have 1 or 2 of it, and have to PAY Infantry resources to buy them, and yet they wouldnt complain about the Heavy rocket launcher wich would STILL do a better job, due to longer range, ammo dosnt cost resources and can be refilled by ammo packs, and even use against air targets, not to mention also has splash damage.
  4. Foefaller

I thought we already had this, it was called C4. ;)

Joking aside, if the HA's AT grenades are anything to go by, it wouldn't really solve anything, other than making you feel good at doing damage to a tank.
  5. Kameho

not really, they be a good combo with AT mines, alot of time i lurk around the area i placed mines, quite often the tank survives the mines and would be lovely to throw a nade at it to finish it off, quite often i just throw a frag grenade just by pure instinct.

and making you feel good, isnt that what games are supposed to do? be enjoyable?

more serius note: yeah, even if it does limited damage to a tank, it still that extra damage you need to bring it down. perhaps the Heavy missed with his rocket, and the tank just happens to pass by you. beeing able to take up on missed oppertunity might change the day. Not to mention, in a more organized level of play, its a good alternative over the rocket, if you want to ambush a tank without revealing your position. (if you and a team of engineers all throw nades at it, he wont have no idea where the damage came from)
    Good enough to distract the tank, making him turn and come back and straight into a trap!

Quite alot fo enemie tankers ignore you even if you shoot at them with your gun, when you want to get their attention. (wich i do quite alot of times to get them to turn around and chase me going straight into my AT mine trap)
  6. Aelloon

No, you seem to miss my point: they rather cry OP and get it nerfed, rather than use the counter.

Zimmerzeit will not be used, people will still use their composite armor and just cry OP until it gets nerfed.
  7. Kameho

well then, in my opinion, let them cry about it beeing OP untill they run out of tears, if they ever do.

At least that'll stop them crying from something else beeing OP.