Anti tank mine certs

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by xeNtre, Feb 25, 2013.

1. xeNtre

Hi,

Should i upgrade the mines to carry 3 or stick with 2?
    Also could u guys post your loadout with the engi?

Greets
  2. Athanasius

I kill 95% of the Sunderers/Tanks I come across with just 2 AT mines. And if someone has Mineguard certed at all they probably had the sense to cert it fully so it will take 7 or more AT mines to kill, thus carrying one extra isn't going to help. You'd want to switch to C4 instead.
  3. baka

I guess the only bonus for more mine certs would be you could still have one of two out there waiting patiently while you were using two for sundy breaking.
    Assuming of course the longer placed mines are not replaced by the ones you just exploded? Maybe an engy with 4 mines could test it -- if you drop two, then use two to blow up a sundy, then use two more on another sundy - do your first two go away?
  4. sladuog

You can only ever have your max carried number of explosives out simultaneously. If you carry 2 mines max, drop both, resupply and drop another, the first will disappear.
    In your example, the first two would not disappear when you used the second pair to kill the second sunderer.
  5. Nighthawkasl

I carry three will often set one before the other two to get the leading flash or a damaged vehicle then two behind for the large or undamaged vehicle. The other option with three is to set diagonally down a road for bobbing vehicles. It is great for defending a base or tower.
  6. MorganM

The only times I like having more than 2 are when I get orders to mine an area. Then it's nice to have more so you can cover more area; like maybe span the entire width of a road instead of throwing down two and hoping someone will hit one.
  7. Brainiac88

With lvl 2 Utility Pouch and full certed mines you can carry 4 of them, may be usefull to set death traps on probable roads that enemies can pass.

Or just kill 2 Sundys lol