Anti-hacker bots?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by icufos, Sep 16, 2020.

1. icufos

Apparently 'anti-hacker bots' are appearing on Titanfall 2.

What they do is hunt down and kill hackers in play.
    They don't kill legit players.
    Players are instructed not to kill them if they see them but just let them do their thing.

How about bringing the idea to Planetside 2?

Just give me a few moments to get to my fallout shelter, k, for I fear the response to this post if any.
  2. DarkStarAnubis

Thats very interesting!

How those bots figure out a player is hacking? By analyzing his behavior in real-time or looking at his accumulated stats?

Either way why not? I would love to see bots chasing the flying max (but it is has been ages since I saw one of those...)
    • Up x 1
  3. Campagne

That is interesting indeed!

I would have to wonder how well they work. Are they effectively aimbots themselves, such that cheaters can't kill them? Are they invulnerable? How well can they detect cheating, and do they ever make mistakes?

If the end up working well for Titainfall 2 I'd be excited for their future prospects. I'd certainly approve of anything that negatively impacts cheaters without interfering with normal gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  4. icufos

I belong to a clan that plays Titanfall 2.
    One of them told me of these 'anti-hacker bots' and sent me the link.
    I'm playing this weekend Titanfall 2 with the clan.
    If I see them I'll report back my findings.

To be honest I'm finding it hard to believe but am hopeful it's true.
    It's a great idea nontheless.

Found the link..
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MR_QUATTRO/status/1301467502342541312

1. I think they would be aimbots themselves.
    2. They can be kicked. Post says don't kick them....Killed? Maybe.
    3. Can't say how well they work till I encounter them.
    Possibly they tune into aimbotters only? I can believe that's possible.
    Not sure for wallhackers.
    Not sure about the most deadly of hackers, the 'lagswitchers'.

Incidently hackers in Titanfall 2 are really easy to spot as so few play in a match.
    They stand out very badly. If you play 10 matches 8 will have a hacker/hackers.

I've played Titanfall 2 since it came out. Usually at the weekends.
    I play Planetside 2 everyday.
    Mainly because I can have coffee and cake and play the game at the same time.
    You can't do this in Titanfall 2....Oh, you don't care.:oops:
  5. icufos

Ok, this is Team Fortress 2 but I believe they will also be appearing on Titanfall 2.
    Just to clarify. They will be everywhere soon.:eek:
    • Up x 1
  6. iller

The Planetside team doesn't even know the first thing about actually identifying the HUGE portion (as in, 2% - 5% of the online core playerbase depending on faction and country of origin of their Outfit) of "subtle cheaters" that are out there. They don't even have a time out penalty for constant lag switchers FFS. And the in-game report feature hasn't been connected to a LIVING person at the publisher in probably 4 years now. Sure they could add these AI soldiers to the battlefield but you'd never actually see them hunt anyone down because this stupid team is too afraid to actually PUNISH the underwater Iceberg portion of the cheaters out there who don't just immediately crank their sh*t up to Trolling Rage hacks mode.
    • Up x 1
  7. Towie

Can't see why anyone would say no - although - addressing the elephant in the room, this does assume that the cheater can be detected in the first place and you have to be doing some pretty ridiculous stuff to attract any sort of attention from DBG/RPG.

That said, I always thought it would be a good idea to use entrapment for spotting the sneaky cheats. ie. create a player that is totally invisible to everyone - but exists in the internal game structures. The hacks hook into these structures for 'assisting' the cheater (aimbot, ESP, that sort of thing) - anyone pursuing the invisible character can only know they are there as they are using a hack.
    • Up x 2
  8. Rauxas

When you know that a large part of people play with Logitech or other mice and use no recoil script or macros...
    Thanks to the tool directly installed in the mouse software you have an integrated cheat and this is not only the case in Planetside 2
    And you can say whatever you want it's a very, very big chunk of all FPS players who use this.
    The problem is not really pure hackers who are detected very quickly.
    The real problem is bad people who do not assume their nullity and abuse an integrated mouse tool...
    It's been a long time since they abandoned the safety of their game and have neither the means nor the inclination to do so
  9. iller

Back when they actually had the Staffing to do stuff like that, I recall seeing a leaked video of a GM using a server side modded character like that but I think it stopped when the cheat makers wised up and did a couple of Shader/Texture checks first to make sure that the client would never accidentally shoot an invisible or cloaked player model
  10. Towie

Fascinating stuff - I think the only thing we can all agree on is that the resources of the cheats is pretty much infinite (they don't have to be paid - there is no consequence to them being discovered on a F2P game - they share extremely detailed information on the game engine and detection techniques and the rarely changing game structure offsets - Battleye itself has been very well documented on 'how it works' etc etc.) Unfortunately the resources of DBG/RPG are very much constrained in comparison.

All I know is that the players who frequent PS2 have changed dramatically over the years, so very many now are pulling S+ / S++ stats across the board yet they continue to play.
    It's why I cancelled my subs and leads onto the very big challenge. DBG/RPG just don't have the funds to combat it (i'm not helping by cancelling but there's only so much one can take).
  11. Demigan

Who cares if these bots can detect a cheater, how are they actually going to move? Even if you do have a movement grid for AI (PS2 doesnt) then any long-distance hacker compared to the bot will instantly fry the entire AI server. Movement is an exponential calculation, the longer the distance the more processing power is required. And then the AI still needs to be able to aim, lead the target, use abilities etc.
  12. Towie

This is true and often what folks don't realise - the sophisticated aimbots would do exactly that, make aiming calculations to lead the target to such a degree based on movement / bullet speed etc. and therefore increase the chances of a hit dramatically. They could make it 100% accurate by other means but this would be easy to spot whereas the calculation method just looks like a very good (potentially unnaturally good) player.

Personally - i'd be happy if they simply removed them when detected - but this still relies on an ability to actually detect them !
  13. JustGotSuspended

Maybe not a good idea for the Planetside 2 genre.

If it's based on automation the same thing that happened when the devs introduced battleye would occur: everyone would start trying to test the limits of the system just to show off that they are so good the bots thought they were hackers and completely ruined their session for no reason.

Also it's a combined arms game, are the bots just going to be carrying a 1hk deci that obliterates vehicles and infantry alike? How are the bots going to travel, how many will there be, how will they impact regular players? Would this cause performance issues, distractions during fights, confuse new players...etc. 'Players are isntructed not to kill them and just let them do their thing?' lol, players are instructed not to cheat either

You can't just drop an aimbot into a MMO FPS and expect it to suddenly bully cheaters out of existence.

I have trouble understanding the concept tbh. This would just be a battleye that kills people in game instead of removing them from the game? So the guys running these detectable scripts would just be allowed to play, but constantly chased down by counter aimbots? Not sure how that even makes sense.

I don't even think there's enough hackers to justify such a complicated implementation. The cheaters that aren't stopped by battleye either won't be detected by the bots or will find ways around them. Best thing to do is to just ban their I.P.
  14. Zipr