anti cheating

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by x7xBillyDaKidx7x, Feb 2, 2015.

1. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

What game to date has the best anti cheating software. And why does ps2 not have any anti cheating program incorporated into the game?
  2. z1967

Planetside 2 is the only major game that I have seen stifle out most of the hack sites that made cheats for the game. There is only one left, and they are losing subscribers rapidly.

Its better than anything I have seen used in any other game and kinda wish it wasn't an SOE Daybreak exclusive AC.
  3. Klypto

??

It has done probably the best I've ever seen in combating cheating of many other fps games I have played.
  4. ronjahn

Tell us about the hacks you have encountered there is probably an explanation for them.

The anticheat in PS2 has been extremely sucessful. It is simply not a marketed software like a Punkbuster and the likes, it is software built into the game by Daybreak(weird).

The last cheat I remember seeing was that speeding Galaxy hacker that was around on Waterson over a year ago.

Wouldn't be shocked to find out there's a tiny portion of the population used subtle cheats, but I don't think the size of the population and type of community in this game really lends itself to a huge hacking problem.

Believe what you'd like though.
  5. Crowne

Don't forget a number of things can be chalked up to lag and various bugs. For example if you're shot even though you managed to get behind cover, that's likely just delay in registering the shot. Or someone appearing invisible can be a confirmed bug happening recently.

Use /report for the ones you really feel are suspicious. Just the other night I reported someone way quicker than I normally would but I find the entire squad he was in somewhat suspicious so I don't cut them much slack. He was gone within minutes and I haven't encountered him anywhere since.
  6. Goretzu

Well personally I wouldn't go overboard with SOEs anti-cheating prowess........ as there was a lot cheating (blatent, never mind subtle) for a very long time - years in fact.

Perhaps my main server had more than most for a few reasons, but even so.

Certainly the most telling thing was late spring last year when several "uber" players suddenly got banned from my server and their outfits also basically fell to bits at the same time (which pretty much means one way or another they'd been sustained by hacks for more than a year), and a lot of the "uber" players that didn't get banned mysteriously instantly got a LOT worse too. (can't think why that might be) :rolleyes:

Having said that probably through a combination of SOEs efforts and the lack of income from hacks in a smaller PC player pool things have been pretty good for the last year or so, certainly in the blatent hacker senario.
    • Up x 1