[Suggestion] Anti-Air Turret

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Targanwolf, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Targanwolf

I would love to have an anti air turret.NO I don't think the AP turret fills that role.
    Why ? Air power seems very Op atm.This would work toward getting better balance. Engineers would be better able to contribute on the battlefield and it would be something NON TWITCH players could do to help.
  2. Flamberge

Sure. Maybe a Walker, or even a Basilisk (Both dumbed down of course).

However, it is very satisfying when you take out a Mossie with you AV turret...
  3. St NickelStew

This is what I thought the next turret would be. It fills a natural "hole", if you will, in the Engineer's arsenal.
  4. Bixli

..nah , no need for it ..engi can deal with almost every situations , has a big arsenal of variety , tools for almost everything except for air. just let us choose only one single class , if we want a allrounder where can handle everything. let the heavys do their job with rockets or jump into a skyguard , or a walker/ranger sundi ..or a stationary flak-turret ..or switch to burstermax ..or keep practice with av-ai-turret (yes..doable) ..or ..or ..you see ..theres a lot stuff around to kill some flies.
  5. vanu123

A2G and G2A is in a okay (albeit lackluster) spot. Not enough combined arms.
  6. _itg

I'd be okay with AA turrets, but there are already sufficient AA options in the game. Skyguard, Burster MAX, or G2A lock-ons do the job just fine, and adding one more option will just increase the variety of AA weapons, not the overall strength. Variety's good and all, so I say go for it.

Since it sounds like YOU may not have an AA option unlocked, I'd recommend getting the second burster arm for your MAX (you start with one unlocked by default). For 1,000 certs, this is the second most powerful AA option after skyguard, but you can better use it as a reactive defensive option, since you can hide in the spawn room and shoot out. And unlike the skyguard, you can switch to AI MAX when you've scared off or killed all the aircraft.
  7. midi

There is enough G2A in this game. Adding more is crazy. You should have a significant advantage when you fly. Personally Im terrible at flying. Im happy to get out of the warp gate without crashing into one of those pillars. But it's so easy to kill aircraft as is that a scenario with burster maxes and engies to supply them with unlimited ammo and repair them and also effectively damage aircraft is insanity.
  8. Crayv

The last pure G2A weapon added to the game was the Ranger, we have had a few "hybrid" weapons like the Annihilator and the Striker but to include those would be a bit misleading. New additions to anti-ground vehicles since the game has launched has been... Mana AV Turret, VS and NC ESRL, Hornets, the ES 2nd gen MAX AV weapons, and the Decimator.

I think we are due for a new AA weapon.