Anti-Air Question

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sunflash, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Stigma

Walker is top-tier. In the hands of a competent gunner it is like sticking a skyguard on top of your sunderer, but you actually have to hit. However given 1000m/s (!!) velocity on the damn thing, leading to get hits is trivial until you get to extreme ranges. With a high-end gunner there is really no "out of effective range" for the walker. It is a beast. 2 walkers on a sunderer makes for one of the most deadly AA units in the game - mounted to the most durable vehicle in the game. If you can actually land your hits the walker evaporates ESFs... and you can have 2 of them...

I'd argue that if you drive a pubbie-sunderer and you just want air-deterrence to protect your spawn then ranges may do the job a little better in some cases - just because rangers are flak-cannons that any noob can hit with, and a lot of the time random people who jump in to the gunners seat in a public sundy spawn will be average joes at best. They are loud and scary and can't really be effectively dodged at effective A2G ranges - and thus they will deter 90% of pilots - at least enough to forget trying to kill the sunderer itself.

AP shells? ... well, invisible and inaudible insta-death can't be beat, but sniping with a tank at air is a completely different role than what rangers and walkers do...

-Stigma
  2. Inex

Go with Harasser Walker. Same damage, easier to hit with, you can still solo, and it's almost 1/3rd the Nanites.
    • Up x 1
  3. Thornefear

According to several air pilots, all anti-air is overpowered and you can supposedly use anything.......

Realistically of course this is ******** and unless the ESF is already damaged it's a pain in the *** to land a kill with anything.

I use a walker because for some reason pilots like to dive facefirst towards my battle sundy and think they will survive because they are so used to other forms of anti-air tickling them.