[Suggestion] Anti Air Consumable?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Coliax, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Coliax

If a tank ***** me off i can sneak up behind him and kill him with c4.
    If i have so solo a shielded sunderer i can do that with c4 and av grenades with the pricetag of 350 nanites.

And if a esf ground pounder ***** me of? Well then i take my lockon, start locking on when he already fire on me because of the garbage lockon range and then i continue locking FOR ALMOST 4 SECOUND BECAUSE STEALTH 5 LMAO (lets assume vehicles are not an option because the fraction on my server with the most esf's also have the most tanks). So i can eather use G2A Rocket launchers whitch are absolute garbage, or i pull a burster max, oh wait that max also dies in secounds to an esf and i'm sitting there with 450 nanites less and still can play because BRRRRT you are dead lol noseguns. And befor i foget it, caltrops dont do ship because esf's can kill them and still have bullets left in the mag.

How about some sort of Rocket launcher (anti air lockon only, no dumpfire) that has high dmg (2 hit kill for esf) and a short lockon time, and good tracking (like swarm slow mode) and a decent velocity but in return you can only carry 2 Rockets (upgrade same like c4 200/500 certs) and each rocket cost around 75-100 nanites
    Make it an Utility for HA only (ASP unlock for Light Assault, Engineer and maybe medic)

Or give me some options how i can get rid of esf's without pulling a vehicle or having others helping me
    • Up x 2
  2. netBattler

I like this
  3. TR5L4Y3R

occasional "add rockletrifle as primary to medic (along with a AV nadelauncher) and infil, as well as AV grenades , cause there is not enough AV and AA capabilty to infantry" post ..

imo the consumeable rocketlauncher should not be lock on but a fast projectile dumbfire weapon if it´s able to take down an esf in 2 shots that might be already too strong against any beginerplayer who wants to learn to fly an esf ... it would be enough for 2 HAs to oneshot said esf player .. we need to consider how a offensive consumable needs to be .. do we realy just want to have it be a easy fire and forget weapon that can only be hardcountered by flares? .. i rather say for a fair amount of nanites it should rather require some skill to both shoot ESFs off he sky and deal significant (but not unfair) dmg to vehicles ... i would not mind if HA, Engineer and medic would get them, the latter is criminally underequipped to deal against outside vehicleplay anyway

however imo consumable rocketlaunchers alone will not cut it with how imballanced the ground to airgame, as well as the air to air game is .. it both requires changes as well as additions ... like vehicles and max need more options that aren´t just "hold down button and spray and pray" .. there need to be Alphafocused weapons with a need for aim and not just MBT maincannons or a halberd .. so yea keep a level of survivability to esfs (these are already glasscannons) but add a greater variety of soft to hardcounters .. also FFS balance hornets and coyotes against airplay ..

Daltonlibs still need to be nerfed .... ... like seriously nothing frustrates more than dying to a Daltonlib cause you can´t do jackscrap against them, like forget to be able to scare them off in any way with your peashooter ranger ... it´s even more frustrating than dieing as infantry to a sniper infil but against a lib one feels all the more helpless when caught alone or isolated in some way .. and it pisses me off how they nerfed flakarmor to no longer protect against at least ONE direct shot of the damn thing along with APcannons .. a sniperinfil has to hit your head .. a lib can hit your whole body, is airborne and laughs at most of your weapons ..
    • Up x 1