ANT system is broken.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by iPug, Jan 18, 2020.

1. iPug

I am perplexed why in Hossin, I was able to deploy my ANT in a green deployable zone and when I went to place a Silo in a green zone was well, it kept saying I couldn't deploy the object in a non-deployable zone. I understand how to use the ANT and I'm researching why nobody is using them. 1). Items selected and de-selected take away Cortium. So if you have an object you're about to deploy and you decide against doing so, you will lose Cortium. 2). Pain spires are ineffective. I've seen it several times where two enemy troops are literally tearing down an ANT farm with little impunity. The Pain Spires need a buff. I understand Infiltrators can bypass this but the ones I am noticing who are quickly tearing down ANT farms are not Infiltrators but Light Assault troops using the rocket gun. Additionally, Anti-Personnel towers with AI modules are not firing on them. They literally have free reign of taking the ANT farm down.

I think this can be frustrating to players who are trying it out deep in friendly territory to only see their ANT farm literally be taken down in mere minutes after they've spent an hour building it up. It's this kind of imbalance that I see frustrating players. I'm not against people having the ability to tear an ANT farm down, but to do so with little impunity is understandably frustrating. I've tried to defend one with the Anti-Personnel tower and the angles were not working out. A Spitfire has a better ability to get angles than an Anti-Personnel tower but quickly can be blown up even if you have an Engineer with an implant that gives it 20% resistance to small-arms fire. I've never seen a Spitfire survive an attack. To see an Anti-Personnel tower with AI and nearby Pain Spires go down so quickly is a bit mind-numbing.