ANT Farms

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iPug, Jan 12, 2020.

1. iPug

I remember a post about somebody mentioning about those who build ANT farms crying when he attacks them. I think I ran across this person. He is a Light Assault using a Minor Cloak. All I remember was the 'Communication is the Key' motto. I can't recall the player. He definitely is good at taking down ANT farms. However, this was not my farm I created, I was just adding to it. He got the jump on me when I was AFK and in my ANT. The only sign I knew there was problem is when a Pain Spire was blown up next to my ANT. The question I have is the lack of effectiveness of the Pain Spires. There were several of them placed around the section where I had my ANT parked. I believe there was at least one Anti-Personnel turret. As well. the usual, Spitfires, Bouncing Betties, etc. I think I can better understand why people are frustrated with building ANT farms to see them torn down so quickly. This guy was tearing it down without impunity. Nothing was getting him. The Pain Spires did absolutely nothing even when he uncloaked. I got into an Esylium Tube and was killed inside it. This guy literally had the jump on me everywhere I went in the ANT farm. I'm not surprised because I can't kill a thing in the game even when I have the advantage or jump on a person. My only success has been laying down mines. I have the minor cloak and it just doesn't work well for me, especially when playing Engineer and even Infiltrator. I don't uncloak on fire, I just give the enemy ammo (absolutely ******** thing they did here). The main question is the effectiveness of the Pain Spires, so far they seem very ineffective no matter how many are laid out.
  2. KillerXDLZ

Pain Spire damage radius is 15M, the green radius you see when placing them is roughly 45M, that means between each of your pain spires will give enemy infantry 30M of free space to walk/run.