[Suggestion] ANT Explosion Based on Cortium Held

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VV4LL3, Nov 10, 2023.

1. VV4LL3

Would be nice and fun to have ANTs explode based on the amount of cortium they're holding.

This could prove fun to spearhead armored columns with ANTs loaded with cortium, causing mini orbitals.
    • Up x 1
  2. aversi0n

Yes, in relation to all the things you can build with it, mined Cortium should be a highly energetic and therefore highly explosive substance in general. Maybe even “enhance” its dangerous potential by adding temporary poison fields, where Cortium has exploded. Nice little reminders to all those gamblers, who want to mess around with Cortium, want to mess around with ANTs just a stone’s throw away.
    • Up x 1
  3. VV4LL3

Not quite what I had in mind, but close. The ANT would need a cert called "reinforced tank" or "Jettison Tanks" for people wanting a stable ANT that won't nuke on detonation.
  4. Amador

... This was simply a feature back in old-school PS1 days. Now largely forgotten due to time.

We called them ANT Bombs. We would fully charge the NTU Capacitor at a Warp Gate - which seemingly increased their explosive yield upon destruction.

Sometimes we'd use swarm tactics or sometimes we'd just send one. This was back when Galaxy's could actually transport a light vehicle in its cargo bay. Most of the time it was just for a laugh, because ANTs were too sluggish and slow to be reliable. But sometimes it did work.

You could only imagine the shriek that came from the enemy tank driver...

This is why Daybreak needs a dev on their team whom has actually played the original game. Because if there currently is one, then I'm not seeing much of that translated into the actual game. All but a memory now.
  5. Illtempered

I sure miss ANT hot-drops on bases surrounded by the enemy. Those made for some of the most epic and exciting moments of PS1.