[BUG] ANT Cortium Mining Exploit, any fix in sight?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tommyrocket, Sep 22, 2018.

1. tommyrocket

I'd find the bug report page for the below, but the "Gameplay Bugs" section is down at this moment. Some google-fu can find related things, though.

So. According to the Bug Report repository back in January 2018, someone reported this exploit. DGC's excuse was that they were 'revamping the construction system', and that they wouldn't/couldn't fix it due to that. Well guess what? It's been 8 months since then, and the exploit that our dear Asian friends on Connery love to use is still here. Construction System was revamped, yet it had absolutely no impact on the mining methods. Leaves me to question how that excuse held water, at all. o_O

Does DGC plan to do anything about this? I will not go into how the exploit is done, but I will say I finally know how they do it. I do not use it. I am however irked by seeing nearly every single other ANT abusing it. They can probably even disassemble your base objects with the same exploit, since the HOWLER-Mining Tool damages buildings now, and 'attacks' buildings the same way it mines cortium.

Anyone can notice people using this bug. Signified by players quickly driving up to Cortium and driving away, leaving a long (hundreds of feet long) beam of light following back to their ANT, like a stretched rubberband. Examining the cortium with your own ANT will see it being drained rapidly.

This affects me (and other legit players) negatively when attempting to do construction. Many of these abusers just spam silos everywhere while they farm cortium just for certs. It could be put to much better use on an actual Orbital Strike base or some other. Of course, some of these same players do use them to make OS bases. They get 50k Cortium by themselves in record time thanks to this.

I know the usual response is going to be "Report them to CS!". The thing is... I have done that. The players not only remain, but there are simply too many to report. Every single Chinese ANT enthusiast in particular is abusing this bug. (There are local players & others that do this too, but the word was that the CH folk figured out how to do it in the first place, any they have some guide in their community website on how to do it) Shall I just find ALL of their names, record them, and report them all? I don't think that's the answer here.

There were Scythes, Reavers and Libs seen flying underneath the terrain this morning as well. People complained about that in yell chat, but when people exploit in an ANT, nobody notices. No one bats an eye. It's still cheating whether or not the method ends up killing anybody.

I want to know Daybreak Gaming Company's stance on this. Are we just allowing this? It is totally okay? Some players seem to believe so. Surely this bug is fixable. Seen some folks talk about this bug in-game a bit too casually, as if they're never going to get punished for using it. It's a humongous advantage over everyone else, and negates all downsides of the Howler Mining Tool. Faster mining and no overheat, and can drive back to your base to drop the cortium whilst mining, and vice versa.

Dear devs, please fix this bug, or at least tell us whether or not you ever plan to.
    • Up x 4
  2. tommyrocket

Apparently the bug report section link is broken. I found what I was looking for, too. Here: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/PS-3507

This coincides with my original statement about the system revamp, as you can read from that link.
  3. strikearrow

The fact that this bug and many other construction bugs exist for over 8 months answers your question about it being fixed. It is not being fixed and DBG is ignoring the complaints.
  4. karlooo

I've seen 2 people do it on Emerald.

I've actually lost my base 2 times recently, to allied ANT cert farmers...I drive around the whole map for 15 min just to find 2k cortium lol, I'm barely keeping my base alive.

Btw the Orbital Strike update, giving it no restrictions to shooting, was done because there was an exploit devs didn't know how to fix (shooting into restricted areas)...In my opinion -> because the exploit is still not fixed till now.
    You can still use the exploit on Glaive IPC and Flail.
    These devs are really confusing me.
  5. iller

I've seen over 30 different players all doing this. ..Some of them just sit at the Warpgate doing it endlessly... I'm not even sure WHAT they're doing with the Cortium but whenever there's any Formations that respawn super fast, these players are just camping it non stop and then unloading it somehow so they can reuse this exploit over and over again.
  6. tommyrocket

Been doing some construction lately. Often times an enemy ANT will just drive up to one of my modules, such as repair, skyshield etc., and just drive away while destroying it! :mad:

It's infuriating. Rules against this need to be enforced, as these abusers just think they can get away with it forever like it's somehow "O.K." for them to do. It ain't a feature,(no one ever said it's a feature but they(Asians) probably think so) it's a bug, and they're abusing the ever-livin' heck out of it...

This is mostly a bump and an update on experiences with this, but I still think this needs more attention. It's borderline game-breaking and needs to go. I

3 solutions to this problem:

1) Fix the exploit
    2) Remove the WLT-Howler Mining Laser < Despite this option, I am aware that the bug works no matter the tool used, even with the top mining laser on the ANT. It would still slightly curb the issue, though.
    3) Ban the players abusing the exploit

I'd be fine with any of those solutions. #2 if it literally can't be fixed, #1 preferred, as #3 would mean banning the entire Asian playerbase and killing the server before Soltech is even up. And trust me when I say this, all of them do it. Not kidding, like at all. Every single Asian player who's stepped foot in an ANT knows how to do it and abuses the poop out of it. They use it to farm up their certs so they can buy guns, upgrades, etc super quickly; more so than everyone else. And of course using it to blow up your stuff. Like in my OP, I mention other players like English-speaking ones have been spotted doing it too, but that's a minority in comparison and even they should be ashamed.

Need that Buzz Lightyear meme at times like this. "Exploiters! Exploiters everywhere!", he says to Woody.
  7. Pacster3

Unloading is no problem. You got invisibility or speed boost that cost cortium...and the less certs you put into those the more cortium they cost per second. So you basicly take level 1 boost and farm away.
  8. Dakka43

this bug can be done with both tools and its fairly easy to do it the howler just makes it even more easy, it still has the boost towards mining without over heating which I think is even worse.

Its more than likely something fairly easy to fix code wise but is more than likely hard to find.

Yes people using this should be ashamed though its a bug that has been around for months now banning wouldn't be an option at this point as its DBG fault for not fixing it by now. Or they will just be like "Its a feature"