Another Long Diatribe on How to Make PS a Better Game!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Crazyfingers, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Crazyfingers

Agreed, and currently you can get bonus resources for action in certain regions, it's just not communicated very well to the player.
  2. Cowboyhomer

Great post man!!! I agree with almost all of it besides the dumbing down of infantry vs air. I would rather see them add more options rather than dumb down the ones we have. I would like to see more along the lines of Engineers using resources to buy parts to build turrets that can be deployed anywhere and used by any player of their faction. I also wouldnt change the way mines work. Maybe make them a little more expensive. I think it the c4 and grenade spam would stop if the pool of resources was one pool used for all the different options.
  3. Crazyfingers

Thanks! To be honest i wish i hadn't done so many suggestions for base gameplay mechanics, i agree that things are pretty solid as is, it's just the meta that needs tweaking.
  4. Crazyfingers

:)

Edit: last bump before I let this thread die. Thanks for the replies everyone! Hopefully we figure out a good meta so this awesome game stands tall.
  5. Crazyfingers

Played the game for the first time in a long time today, quit shortly afterwards and felt this post was still oddly relevant. Here's one last bump after all these months.
  6. Bankrotas

It's almost 6 months bump, do you expect people just to read it?
  7. Crazyfingers

Yes? But to be fair i thought this post would resonate a bit more when i posted this months ago, so i've certainly been wrong before... sorry if I tried once again to inject some reasoned criticism amidst this usual circle jerk.

Edit: To not simply be snide, I think once a game's been out for a while, it's easy to become numb to some of the core issues of the game and lose sight of some of the recurring negative issues that continue to influence the game in a negative way far into its life cycle.
  8. Crazyfingers