Another GU goes by without fixing forward grips on VS weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MarthKoopa, Jun 20, 2013.

1. MarthKoopa

Hurray!

11 patches and we still don't know that forward grips go on the FRONT of the gun!

It sure would be nice if whoever is in charge of gun attachment models would put them in the proper spots.
    • Up x 4
  2. Arquin

How do you know how VS guns are supposed to work? Ever used one for real?
    • Up x 5
  3. ChaosX5

This is a sci-fi game... Complaining about anything that isnt realistic.... is unrealistic. It just makes you look dumb. Thats the intent of a sci-fi game. It immerses you into a different universe where anything goes.
  4. MarthKoopa

Are you serious?

This has nothing to do with "realism" and everything to do with bad art. With the way grips are placed on VS weapons: as far back as possible, right near the main grip, IT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. You can't even see your arm in first person, so it looks like your gun is just FLOATING there.

Or are you just daft?
    • Up x 1
  5. ClickMe

It's called a FORWARD grip. Seriously just how dumb can you get...
    • Up x 9
  6. MarthKoopa

But seriously this needs a fix
  7. BigMacDeez

Nobody really cares brah.
    • Up x 1
  8. MarthKoopa

People SHOULD care. How can anyone enjoy a game that's so broken? If the devs can't fix a simple forward grip... how do you expect them to fix more important things?
  9. Macchus

it seems like it would be at the bottom of the to-do list ... right above performance ...
  10. MarthKoopa

Two different fields
  11. Fned

Actual forward grips can go anywhere along the bottom rail. Depends on preference.

Vanu prefer it close.
  12. gigastar

I care more about the Ursa not having access to advanced foregrip than where the foregrip on the weapon is actually located.
    • Up x 3
  13. Jac70

I'm not an expert in forward grips or anything but I have equipped one on my HA weapon. The placement of the grip looks for too close to the trigger in my view - makes the gun look unbalanced aesthetically and means the character's left arm is pulled in too close to the body.
    • Up x 1
  14. DonRaphaelus

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  15. ent|ty

Don't worry, the game is dying and the forums are polarizing into regular paying players leaving the game behind, and the rabid fanbois remaining to say nothing is wrong.
  16. MarthKoopa

Pretty sure it would be worse having a forward grip further back than where you would hold a gun normally.

It's bad aesthetics and bad logic.
  17. UzumakiW

The forward grip could stick out the side of the gun for all I care. As long as it functions properly in-game.
    • Up x 2
  18. DashRendar

GU08 completely banned every grip in the game from having a positive effect on performance ever again, and you are whining that the position on the physical model is misplaced and it's ruining your game experience? Whoa bro, whoa.
  19. Larolyn

Pfff.. I knew it. Claiming you are all sciencey and stuff and then you go and stick a forward grip on your trigger. Explain that one science boys.
  20. Emerald11

That's right. There are real bugs to fix. The position of the foregrip is care less as long it works as it's planned.