Anonymous Jetpackaholics

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by japro, Dec 5, 2012.

1. japro

Are you also addicted to jetpacking? Every time I equip a class other than LA I'm instantly like "so i have to walk AROUND that buildling? This sucks!". I'm pretty sure no weapon or non flying related item would be able to get me to really play another class other than for short periods when something desperately needs repairs or so.
  2. lNeBl

If I'm using a class other than LA, I tend to forget and jump off large buildings and cliffs and freak out when my jet-pack isn't working. :p
    • Up x 5
  3. Quiiliitiila

I've only played the game for a SHORT period of time before my computer broke (waiting on the new one now... D: so long...) and in those 2-3 hours I can say I was addicted to jetting.

The first class you get to be is LA and that's when I discovered the Jump Jets! Then after I died I tried out tech, it took me like 5 minutes to figure out that I did not have a jetpack with the tech D:, I was saddened. Needless to say, my brother and I will be joining the ranks of devout LA players!

-Quiiliitiila
  4. ZtriDer

I used to play Tribes Ascend and I love jetpacks :p I have to admit that I kinda miss the good fast jumpspeeds :s
    It is really annoying to play any other class then LA. You feal so restrained and grounded when you do not have the mobility that LA's have. I do play other classes too, but when I do I dont feel like going around shooting stuff.
  5. Kritical

@japro me and my squad fee the same way i hate walking all the way around the buildings to do something small.
  6. ChironV

Yup... That.
    Sometimes I'm outfitted as engie and my gun looks the same as LA. I run off the edge of a tower, gravity runs a check on me and splat.
  7. Quiiliitiila

I still play Tribes Ascend... It can be difficult switching between the two games. Going from super fast paced mobility in one game to putzy and slow in another can be a bit... difficult...
  8. Ronin Oni

LA is my favorite combat class by far.
  9. Snarkyfoo

I used to not play LA that much at all, until I tried it in a biolab.
    You may take me by reaver or scythe, by magrider or Vanguard, but in the biolab...
    I am a God.
    • Up x 4
  10. ChironV

And if you have an under-barrel grenade launcher, you got a fist full of lightning bolts.
    • Up x 1
  11. ParaxleNC

Yup. Nobody else gets to do all the crazy crap that we can with jet packs. Nothing like tearing into an enemy line on an ATV, jumping off at the last second, dropping a grenade into the throng and (hopefully) jetting away to safety.

We are absolutely the most cinematic action-movie-stereotypical of the classes.
  12. ChironV

There have been so many times where I have flanked the enemy then hopped down to run with them as they advance. CHARGE!!! Hey wait who they hell are you... Brrrrrrt (carbine sound), drop nade at feet, Jet up.... Profit.
  13. Yosarian

My favorite is coming into a hot spot full speed in a reaver jumping out midair at full speed THEN realizing I had forgotten to switch back to LA and hitting the side of a building at 300kph
  14. Maxi'sProteinPowder

The best class ever, my only gripe is the stupid bug you get when your jetpack doesnt work and you die because of a stupid death! like jumping out of a galaxy with your squad and your the only one that goes SPLAT! Then i have to re-start the game again for it to work! PLEASE SOE fix this crap in your next patch! he is the only class i am superior in!
  15. Velron

Jetpackin fo life!
  16. Hwat

Jet packs forever, until that bug kicks in and the jetpack following a relog. I love my jetpack because then I can sit in stupid places and hurt people. Also I live in trees when I'm outside. O/T I know, but does anything give you extra underbarrel? I need all the ammo I can get for all my tricks!
  17. Quiiliitiila

I'm hoping that in the next update for the LA, the "ammo scavenging" ability will replenish underbarrel stuff as well as extra mags.
  18. Snarkyfoo

That little double bridge at Rashnu is fantastic, BTW. You can drop down in the middle of players and absolutely destroy with a shotgun. Then fly back up, and they have a hard time hitting you with that lattice of girders in the way.
    (If anyone plays NC on Waterson, I was the red-on-black blur killin' you n00bs :rolleyes:.)
  19. Steppa

This is something I noticed on day one. The velocity you have while riding the ATV does not seem to be retained by the game when you hop off. I was trying to use a nearby hill as a ramp, trying specifically to jump over a fortress wall. When I got to the apex of the ATV jump and jumped off, my forward momentum basically died and I just went straight up.

They would give us an entire bag of tricks if they would conserve that momentum.
  20. Yloh

Jetdicted 31er LA here, even if other classes would make more sense. =)