Annihilators make us useful

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Twido, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Twido

Recently I have noticed a lot of talk about annihilator teams and how powerful they are. As the players tactics mature, it is becomming more and more obvious that snipers are the counter to such teams.

At times in the past it has been difficult to find useful battlefield role since, unless the sniper is perticularly talented, it is better to have more bodies surging towards the objectives. Sure I can get a nice K/D ratio and I enjoy sniping, but have often felt that I would be more useful to the team doing something else.

It is much better for tactics to evolve organically with the players finding the counters, than for the dev team to nerf the commently used tactics (such as annihilator teams) before a player driven counter can be found. So what will be the counter to the snipers? The last time my outfit made an annihilator team, they asked for some counter snipers (again making us feel like we are actually useful). I am not convinced this is best since when the shoe is on the other foot and I am hunting the annihilator team, snipers make the easiest targets (they are at a disadvantage because we know where they are but they need to find us).

So in short: Don't nerf lock on launchers, they give sniper teams a purpose!

PS
    Justice for the claymore please!
    • Up x 1
  2. nkenny

This is true.