Annihilator and Decimator Launchers are the worth getting ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Targanwolf, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Bloodlet

Where are people getting that the Annihilator has lower damage than the ES Launchers? I know that used to be true but I was under the impression that the tool tip in game shows identical damage now.
  2. nehylen

The Annihilator's need to lock on is both a drawback, as has already been said, and an advantage: since you can't dumbfire that means you can litteraly spam the click button and fire it the very instant the lockon is active. It's a marginal advantage, but when you have to deal with things potentially interrupting the locking procedure (like branches in hossin, or any specific maneuver by an ESF pilot), it's nice to gain these 0.1~0.2s.
    • Up x 1
  3. Uncle_Lou

If I remember right (not in game atm to check) the Annihilator does a flat 1000 damage, while the ES launchers do 1135. Not really a significant difference, but the ability to dumbfire the ES launchers makes it worthwhile.
  4. SirFrancisGobelcoque

Rarely need to lock on against ground & G2A launchers deal extra damage to sundies for some reason. G2A > Anni

But as Vanu, the Lancer- while requiring good aim- is devastating against all targets. Lancer is most accurate, has more ammo, and offers no lock-on warning. It can even be used as a super ghetto battle rifle for the lulz

Lancer > G2A > Deci/Stock > Pheonix > G2G > Striker > Anni

Don't use it if you need to dumpsterfire against infantry though
    • Up x 1
  5. Bloodlet

The default dumbfire does 1135 per the tool tip. The ES Lock-ons have identical stats to the Annihilator aside from being dumbfirable. Basically the way I see it if I am at longer range then I go Annihilator since I won't hit anything with dumb fire anyway. If I start getting up close or in the base itself then I go with an ES lock on so I have something against maxes or clusters of infantry.
    • Up x 1
  6. Uncle_Lou

Good call on the stats, my memory was bad. I run a similar setup unless I expect to be indoors mostly, at which point I run a Deci.
  7. I play by many names

deci is love
    deci is life
  8. TekDragon84

In a perfect world where a faction fought together in an organized manner, the annihilator would be the ultimate weapon. Any air our armor that enters LOS is dead on the first volley, second if they use flares.

Unfortunately too many morons run LA and infiltrator, and those who do run HA either don't have annihilators or don't pay attention.

Because of that, ESRL and decimator are the way to go. It's not nearly as effective, but it lets you do SOMETHING (in combination with c4 and AV grenades) if you're the only decent player in the area.
  9. player16

the dual lock on very worth it there are two many times i would like to play against infantry but there are two many vehicles that you come across that you would have to shoot at the air and to the ground and not miss so they get the message so you have to chose in between one of the lock on i blame the day the nerfed the striker, snif snif. So the thing they will nerf the dual lock on also as they nerfed the striker, because then do not even think about buying the dual lock on, as i bought the tr flavored one, ok it was op because not all the missiles where rendered so you did not know from where they where shooting at you the missiles went pass cover like rocks but it kept vanguards at bay, why they nerf instead of adjust is like the harasser instead of 2% increments do a 3% and then adjust down if needed. Is buying annihilator a waste of certs as it was the striker, that is my guess if it is nerfed and you get a dumbfire with hipfire accuracy ground to ground and coyote for aa to targets moving at 200 kmh. well i learned my lesson so just have the two 250 lock on now. unnerf our striker! i would say the annihilator worth it but if nerfed you will be a tr more....
  10. Shiaari

Decimator is your bread and butter rocket launcher. It hits much harder than than the S1, but takes more skill to use. The side benefit, of course, is that it is an NS weapon, so if you master the Decimator you can apply it to all your characters across all factions.

The Annihilator is an easy rocket launcher to use, and it is more functional because it locks onto both ground and air targets. It's damage, however, is very low compared to the other launchers. I don't like it. Sacrificing damage for convenience isn't a sacrifice I like to make. I prefer the higher skill weapons that hit harder.
  11. Kalendric

The Decimator is a useful tool to have. The most damaging single shot rocket launcher in the game, it is ideal in close quarters or point holds for engaging enemy MAXes and Armour. However, I don't personally feel that it is enough of an upgrade by itself to justify buying over the stock launcher unless you get it cheap in the sales, cost is no object or you've tonnes of certs saved up.

Annihilators are a bit of a poor joke nowadays. Outside of dedicated set up AV camps, they're pretty rubbish. The lock-on takes forever and the lack of Dumb fire leaves you really vulnerable to good pilots who can hug the terrain and kill you before you get a lock - ironically the same ones you really want a lock on against. It can be useful to have in special circumstances but I truly wouldn't rush to get one.

As others have suggested, the empire specific AA launcher is the best all round weapon for general loadouts when you aren't quite sure where you will be next, and even often when you are. It's versatile, can engage air and cheap.
    • Up x 1
  12. 3punkt14159

I got the Annhilater to, and well, you dont get a lot of Air Kills whit it, but better then nothing. More efficient is the Skyguard, but the big downside is, that once you pulled id, most of the ESF leaf the region, and then your tank is useless and your nanites wastet. Another downside is, you are chanceles against other tanks oder Harrassers, even against infantery its hard. Because this, i only pull i Skyguard when there are enough other trops of my fraction near, and when a can go back in a save shelter, like howling pass whit shields and so.
    If you use your sundi often then a Walker is a good option. Because i moostly stay near my sundi to protect / repair it, using the walkter in that time is effective for me.
  13. TheFamilyGhost

I like the annihilator.

With hit points on vehicles instead of hit locations, virtually no launcher will kill unless the target is already hurt.

But, for long range vehicle hits, especially against moving targets (Flash, lol), locking on is nice. It is also a good air deterrent.
  14. GarryStutter

Sorry to step on toes, but the replies are a little lackluster.
    I hunt tanks and ESF primarily I just love the thrill of being where I'm not expected.
    ESF are doable as a heavy, more so then any other vehicle out there.
    Your routine should be to see where they hide behind terrain, find the spot they will be exposed long enough for a lock on.
    (Make sure you are not directly in their path but perpendicular/ off to their side a little at least).
    Pick an ESF that shows signs of damage, often this isn't smoke but how hard they're trying to get away.
    If there are multiple, or not enough time to lock, try to just get a shot on them with your LMG, you will break fire suppression and they'll burn or just pop.
    When you have a decent shot, lock on as soon as possible (very often they will assume you are late to the party and locking on while they're flying to safety instead of into your jaws).
    Fire, switch to primary and shoot the **** out of them. Reload repeat.

Final note, there are some map points that downright give preference to a certain vehicle type, don't whine. Respect this, and learn to drive a harasser. And I forgot to add that an AA sunderer is a real force to be reckoned with as well as the harasser (both with flak).
  15. Foxirus

Yes. The benefit of the annihilator is that it has .5 seconds less reload time, And can hit air and ground vehicles. The Drawback is that it cannot be dumbfired and is completely useless without a lock.

The benefit of the Decimator is that it has about 300 more damage than the default rocket launchers. Over time, This means more damage (Ability to single shot ESF's for complete destruction). The drawback is that it has a slower velocity, more drop, And one less rocket held than the standard version.
  16. Kevanov

Nemesis is my favorite rocket. I can target anything and it lock on air.
  17. MasterTater

===

Not worth.

Got them both speaking from a VS perspective but always went back to the Anti-Air Lock-on launcher which can still be dumb-fired.

NEMESIS VSH9

Highest versatility of all launchers with hardly any downsides.

Equivalents available across all factions.
  18. Maulkin

Without a doubt, every HA worth his salt should have unlocked the empire-specific G-to-A launcher. It is worth only 250 certs, it can accurately hit aircraft, it can hit med-range armor, and can be used against a MAX in CQC. There is no other tertiary weapon that can do that for so little cert investment. Two hits will get an ESF burning. One hit to a MAX (unshielded NC MAX) will take him to almost half health, assuming they don't have explosive resistance. Follow it with an AV grenade and the MAX is dead
  19. Skiptrace

The G2A Lockon is nice, but the G2G is also good. I'd run a different launcher for each situation. Decimator/Base Dumbfire for MAX killing/Rocket Primary. G2A for most situations, and G2G for Armor Zerg Busting, Annihilator is kinda useless at this point. You also might do well with your ESRL (Empire Specific Rocket Launcher) the Phoenix is pretty good for taking armor out around corners, the VS one is great for punching holes in MBT's (Main Battle Tanks) and the TR one is... More Dakka in Rocket Form, and I think it's an All lockon like the Annihilator?
  20. TheKhopesh

Why did you necro this?