Angius Shield, bull crap.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by TorigomaSET, May 22, 2013.

1. Lance007

Oh yes, ZOE is AWSOME because at Rank five you can kill in ONE less bullet! And you get a relatively small speed boost and become a giant pink KILLS MEEE PLEAZE sign!

Not to mention the OP armor decrease either!
  2. TorigomaSET

Bullcrap, both the Damage and Speed at noticeable, and the armor nerf is only 10%
  3. Lance007

I never said they were not noticeable, I just said relatively small. You still move slower than infantry. And I don't think killing in ONE less bullet at rank FIVE is worth becoming a glowing pink kill me sign.
  4. Ztiller

And that is your opinion. I love my ZOE. I just logged off with a 25-1 KD ratio after using it at Allatum.
  5. Anonynonymous

Aegis shields needs to be redone without a doubt. At least let the NC MAX fire one of it's weapon at reduced RoF or something while the shield is up. Right now it's just more or less pointless, especially if you consider the fact that there's no body blocking in this game so enemy can simply walk and clip through your shield and still damage you.
  6. Ev3ntHorizon

NO... just NO... i have rank5 shield and i don't care that you cant fire.... just NO, stop it. the shield is the perfect NC trait, take a pounding and get close enough to see the pee stains on there uniforms and let fire... there is no need to have any weapon running with the shield, it woudl be beyond OP in every way and this is from an NC MAX jocky
  7. Vadimir

Given the amount of survivability the shield gives you, being able to fire, even with a reduced RoF, would be completely OP.

As for people walking through you and shooting you in the back, that is only possible if something has gone badly wrong. Either you're too far from your team mates, or your team mates are not paying enough attention.

As I said in another thread I'm personally loving the shield on my NC character because it greatly mitigates one of the main weakness of a NC MAX, their long reload time. Blast the enemy, throw up the shield while reloading, drop the shield, blast the enemy, rinse and repeat. That's not to mention all it's other uses.
  8. Niller

Did Galaf yell that? I thought he was a good player.
  9. Ztiller

He is. But he likes his prowler, and i have a habit of destroying it for him.
  10. Beartornado

That's very NC-esque.

Make it happen.
  11. Niller

I randomly talked to him ingame, he seemed ok. But i have also accused a couple of people for hacking (which they didn't).
  12. Jonny

Derp its 30% more damage taken, and it is very noticable.

Onto the topic:

When anugs shield (whatever) first arrived I was suprised you couldn't do anything while weilding the shield. I assumed the shield was attached to one arm and the other could still fire.

I think they either need to make this happen and reduce the overall shield life a bit to compensate, or as many other people have suggested add a shield bash.

Also smaller fixes such as allies being able to shoot over you when crouched with the shield.
  13. Patrician

Why does the NC ability need to be "defensive"? Our faction trait is hard hitting slow firing, not "the defensive" faction; nor are the other factions abilities "defensive" in anyway.
  14. Patrician

Until the enemy tickles your feet and ends your advance pretty quickly .
  15. soeguud

Now that wouldn't be fair on the other factions, who believe NC maxes are superior in rooms and biolabs.

Sigh.
  16. Thagyr

I love my Aegis Shield. It has saved my *** and the ***** of my team more than once already from tanks to ESFs. Sure it isn't quite perfect, with the enemy tickling my feet. But the only thing I'd like to do with it is bash someone in the face. It's quite annoying having an enemy simple sprint through me with the shield up. Considering it deflects pretty much everything, having an enemy soldier waltz straight through it is a bit weird.
  17. Shiaari

Can I get a show of hands on how many people cannot spell AEGIS? And just in case you were wondering how it is pronounced: E-gis, not A-gis. The A is silent.

The Aegis was the Greek mythological shield and/or breastplate of either Zeus or Athena that bore the sign of the Gorgon... AKA the head of Medusa. So, be happy you NC Smurfs, for your MAX's special ability is the super redundant Shield-Shield.
    • Up x 1
  18. Shiaari

Among other redundant uses of Ancient Greek...

19. Vreki

In that case, it would make sense if we could stun the enemies with a shield bash, right? ;)
    I don't care if they have to paint a Gorgon on it for that to work.
  20. Shiaari

I'm not opposed to that at all. Make a charge mechanic out of it. Since it leaves the flanks and back vulnerable a charging NC MAX had better have a good reason for doing it.