And people say ESF defy physics ;).

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SNAFUS, Nov 10, 2014.

1. SNAFUS

If only ESF could have this kind of handling, count your blessings infantry side.
    • Up x 8
  2. Morti

People would never leave biolabs.

Also I would never stand that close to one of those things irl no matter how much I trust the guy flying it.
    • Up x 5
  3. RykerStruvian

OMG PLS NERF 2 OP

MAKE G2A INSTALOCK INSTAKILL
  4. zuka7

What the bleep power to weight ratio is that thing.....:eek: Nice find btw. Some would say that in PS2 ESF V-thrust and air brake physics are pathetic and unrealistic yet they are ok with hover tank physics in a GAME. People would do anything to ruin unique aspects of game which they don't understand or have very little experience with it.

I find PS2 flight dynamics most satisfying and I played Janes, DCS, BF......
    Some of these threads and posts are bias and irrelevant often made by players with little to no experience, almost insulting to the very people that made this game.
  5. Hicksimus

If ESF's worked like that nobody would get out of the warp gate given the current controls. We'd have 2 ace pilots and.....even less people playing. Which seems to be Sony's objective so I look forward to this in Winter 2017.
    • Up x 2
  6. Utrooperx

you know, that sort of looked like the Reaver that kept air-hammering me the other night...
    • Up x 2
  7. NCstandsforNukaCola

That maneuver.

I wonder what will happen if that crahes. ;)
  8. Demigan

You do realise that that's a tiny aircraft making use of it's low weight and ability to abuse the higher material strengths compared to larger objects?
    They constantly change the turbine direction to be able to do the upside-down maneuvers. On larger aircraft it would take longer and more torque to get the turbines to instantly turn direction.
    I doubt that even with the technology displayed in Planetside 2, you would be able to do that kind of maneuvers. Sure you would be able to do the reverse maneuver, but you would have a logical way to use it, rather than some buggy physics that you can abuse to get the same result.
    • Up x 3
  9. SNAFUS

It's the future, and nanites...
  10. z1967

The G-Forces would probably kill you in a full scale model. Emphasis on probably, you might only pass out during some of the maneuvers.
    • Up x 4
  11. Demigan

In that case the aircraft would be so strong that ramming the wall at 1700 km/h would barely scratch it. How fast can you go and not be destroyed when you hit a wall full-frontal?
    • Up x 3
  12. Goretzu

Accessiblity and balance trump even nanites! :eek:
  13. MarkAntony

wa... was that thing possessed?!?
    • Up x 1
  14. \m/SLAYER\m/

15. SNAFUS

Good call, pass it up to SOE, we need to buff ESF HP ASAP!
  16. Auzor

WISH GRANTED.
    In addition to the handling, you also get the same hitpoints, now your precious ESF goes down from 1 infantry bullet.
    (or ESF spins wildly out of control)

Oh, and flak wipes out an entire swarm of esf's.

Furthermore, in order to properly utilize the new mobility, the mouse sensitivity is fixed in game. With low sensitivity it is after all, impossible to do that.
    I trust I don't need to explain how well banking/yawing with such handling will go as it is still bound to a keyboard. GL aiming at anything smaller than a biolab.

kthx, bye!

EDIT:

the Tunguska, the new upgrade for the lightning.
  17. Hatesphere

man you know nothing about physics, but its ok, its a cool toy. could make a nice recon drone.
  18. SNAFUS

That ever elusive sense of humor, maybe you will find it one day.
  19. Ronin Oni

You know ESF's are made of Nanites which create a material harder than any known steel and lighter than alluminum right?
  20. Auzor

Ahem.. that is actually not impressive.
    The issue with modern metallurgy, carbon, plastics, whatever is typically: (afaik)
    -the harder you make it, the more brittle and/or less tough it becomes.
    (secondary: hard, yes, at what temperature)

Steel is "hard" compared to humans, sure.
    Quartz is very hard, but quite terrible aircraft material since it isn't tough.

Now, serious question:
    how do you propose keeping the pilot alive (and functioning, preferably) doing such manoevers, but larger and faster (because it would be done with a bigger aircraft. Therefore, the aircraft needs to move over a bigger distance to effectively dodge anything, requiring more G; also the cockpit isn't at the aircraft center of movement typically, so even the rotating would be interesting. Can't risk snapping the pilots neck for example).