Ancient bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ineedammo, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Ineedammo

Okay i'll just post what i hate about this game and let it be here. Whoever deletes this will get permanent honorea. Sorry for my english, not native, so be patient. If you are an ESF pilot press Alt+F4, you struggle with simple tasks and with your own language, so this is not your level.

1. C4 doesn't works or kills do not count when package is landed from above. Takes a while to switch and land a C4, activation button has huge delay, infantry really struggles at countering vehicles like that, unlike our real world without futuristic technologies and fake Vanu NS boobs. Maybe everything works fine for you, but for me, even with 200 FPS and 100ms latency, it's not.

[IMG]
    chat prefers NS boobs

2. Can't counter ESF, aimlock takes too much time, and rocket launchers are just useless. For that reason nobody cares about ESF except fewer lightnings and sundy's, if ESF is out of blind zone (but usually it's there because, surprise, game is 10 y.o.). It's hard to hit them unless ESF is driven by complete newbie. I don't like their braindead playstyle so i don't want to sit in another ESF and suck against player who is using ESF for 10 years. In my opinion such disgusting attitude against infantry is a bug. I'd like to buy skins just to support this amazing game, but i would never buy anything just for that reason, it's a spit in players face. Everytime i'm getting wrecked by ESF who is just flying around sundy and farming poor infantry i just cope and seethe, and i have no options left.

3. Traps in mountains. I've been in mountains in real life, there are no triangle pits. Climbing also sucks. Once you're in and not a trooper, everything was pointless, press U to pay respects.

4. Once again, team killing is not punished when you driving a vehicle. You can ride over your team mates for entire day, no one gives a crap.

5. No feedback. If i reported a blatant cheater or just suspicious team of players, i have no idea did they got ban or at least temporary restriction or certs fine, or i was wrong and they are honest and extremely skilled players with gaming chair playing on Linux, or no one actually bothering and that huge 10000+ reports counter just getting reset, but no one actually doing anything.

6. [IMG]
    7. Sensor shield is broken. It's kinda legal cheat, just like the Infravision at night. If you are a newbie and didn't got enough lucky to get those, just uninstall.

8. Huge server related ping spikes. Does looks like a buffer bloat but developers never heard of that, they are just small newbie indie team of indian java script programmers, right? RIGHT?!

Maybe it's not a bugs, but intended feature. Maybe this game is intended to be fun only for 15 minutes and to suck for the rest of the time because of weird stuff happening. Maybe it's okay to be outdated laggy mess with no future. Maybe nVidia's PhysX is not another D.O.A. technology and GpuPhysics=1 improves performance by accident. I upgraded my rig, and this 2012 game, sometimes drops down to 60 FPS on a 2022 hardware, which is way more powerful than HEDT from 2012.

I like this game. Sometimes.
    If you are from daybreak staff and reading this, i'm grateful to some of you, to those who actually working instead of sniffing cocaine while introducing pointless game modes not suitable for PS2 maps, broken weapons and empty promises. Isn't it's supposed to be fun? Or i'm playing wrong? How to play then? Show me an example please. Oh, and let's admit it — Oshur was a mistake. We can play there, but for past year i've never seen actual population queue there, unlike Indar.

P.S. Is Wrel alive?