An in-depth treatise on 0.75 ADS move-speed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Jul 29, 2015.

1. UberNoob1337101

So forumside has fallen out of harmony lately (Or at least Scr1n's 0.75 ADS complaints) and everybody is discussing 0.75 ADS move-speed, so here's my opinion on weapons that have it.

Sooo... what's the big issue? Almost all guns that currently have it rely on mobility and CQC supremacy in order to win.

So let's list those guns, their role, their class accessability and their potency at longer range engagements.

1. Orion/Battlegoose and SVA-88.

These are the only guns that kind of deserve to get this trait removed, because :

1. HA isn't meant to be a mobile trooper, look at it logically, he's carrying an LMG (that must weight a lot) a Rocket Launcher (that weights even more) and a sidearm.

2. LMGs aren't light guns, as much as a term like "Light Machine Gun" might tell you differently.

3. 75% ADS move-speed is an NS and CQC-centric attribute, these guns are in neither of those two groups. Orion and Battlegoose can extend it's bullets batteries up to mid-range with good accuracy while with the 75% move-speed they can safely dodge bullets, and let's not talk about SVA-88's range capabilities.

Overall, If these are removed from these three guns, please add something that resembles and feels like VS (But no extra swag or spandex, as much as it is a VS trait of being fabulous).

2. CQC ARs and Carbines

They are perfectly fine by me, since they trade mobility and small increase of firepower for worse ADS accuracy and hellishly long reload times.

Their hip-fire is excellent, being able to extend to even mid-range, but they sacrifice their ADS accuracy a bit so their range of engagements is limited and the reloads are nasty (3.9 long reload on Jaguar... NEVER FORGET).

If you want the added accuracy that much, then go ahead, you can tap-dance better. Same goes for ARs.

3. SMGs

SMGs have the most inaccurate ADS out of all full-auto guns. Want some proof? Their ADS accuracy is 0.3, not big right? Well consider that almost every carbine has 0.1 ADS accuracy, and some ARs have whopping 0.03. So, why would I ADS on a gun that is in general outclassed completely by other guns while I could get close and hip-fire with identical accuracy?

4. Shotguns.

Like SMGs, they can't really do much over range. The added move-speed while ADS is to help you dodge bullets if you use slug-ammo.

5. Pistols(

It took a forumside genius to suggest the removal of 0.75 ADS on pistols (a free cookie for those who guess right), but I think it is obvious why it is wrong.

Why do you like 75% ADS? Why you don't like 75% ADS? Did this thread change your opinion on this topic or reinforce your point even more?

Thanks for enduring a wall of text. Hope you liked the content.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jaedrik

You keep using that word--"treatise".
    I do not think it means what you think it means.
    These are all things that have been talked about before in more or less the same places in more or less the same way.
    This post provides nothing new. Sorry.
  3. Scr1nRusher

0.75 ADS on shotguns don't make sense since most of the time you are hipfiring.

The only time your ADSing is when your stationary at a doorway or choke point or using slugs which require you to not be moving.

Also 0.75 ADS isn't a NS trait, alot of the NS weapons(and ES weapons) that have it are balanced to be mediocre or lacking because of it.