An Illustrated Address to Fans of The Hex System

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AJay, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Haterade

ROFL. This is exactly what the Lattice does: it puts a framework which limits choices in a meaningful way.

Iceland has to go through Greenland to get into North America. Oh noes! That requires Iceland to link up with Great Britain and zerg the point! OMGTHISGAMESUCKS. I want real choice! Why can't I just go from Great Britain to Eastern United States!? I want manageable fights! I hate the zerg!!

The more and more hex supporters talk, the more and more they show that they have no understanding of game design. If you can't understand how Risk is a Lattice-based board game, there's really no hope for you.
    • Up x 4
  2. Wezdor

I think this belongs in here too. Because hex strateigs

3. Zenatsuu

[IMG]

"You have a 99% chance of winning this battle" - Famous last words.
    • Up x 4
  4. Sowahka

Since lattice appeared every fight I've had when I get home has been in the same three or four areas. It's dull. : (
  5. TheBigHert

Lattice: Let's create an open world & make it linear...
    huh!?!?
  6. Ghodere

Just never make the mistake of thinking that PS2 lattice resembles the PS1 lattice in anything but name.
  7. RHINO_Mk.II

The galaxy thread?
    • Up x 1
  8. Torok

As far as i love Lattice i gotta say it's not Complete, it could use more than a few tweaks regarding outposts of facilities especially
  9. Pikachu

**** YEAH!
  10. ent|ty

I'm glad you enjoy your team deathzergmatch game. I hope it brings you hours and hours of mindless zerg noob fun.
    • Up x 1
  11. Eugenitor

I'd make a meaningful reply, but I honestly don't care enough about this game to even fini
  12. Eugenitor

Actually, wait. I will make one now that GU12's announced.

Hex:
    [IMG]

Lattice:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Phrygen

FTFY
    • Up x 3
  14. Phrygen

lattice only has single connections? Oh wait thats not true. If that were hex, you could attack Australia from Great Britain
  15. Eugenitor

And, as we all know, Great Britain sending people to Australia is just plain silly.
    • Up x 1
  16. FateJH

The only sin of the Hex system was that it didn't force a specific number of people to (be able to) stay on those points, or at least in the vicinity where those points were situated. There typically weren't enough or well-placed capture points in most bases (due to size) either, but that fault belongs to another.
  17. Cl1mh4224rd

That there are facilities with more than one "in" and/or "out" connection doesn't invalidate the joke.

That's not hex; you're thinking of a complete lack of adjacency rules.
  18. Phrygen

in Risk? yes.

But humorous
  19. Rift23

Where do people come up with the time to make all these wonderful threads?

A: They're camped in spawn outhouses or doing the camping themselves.
  20. EliteEskimo

Ajay your threads never cease to amuse me.:D Like myself you make few threads but the ones you do make are typically awesome/right, and yet you do everything that I do except soley through pictures.... Props dude:cool: