[Suggestion] An idea for Vanu Weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beta017, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Beta017

So all over the forums I see people whining about the NC, TR, and Vanu all having OP weapons. Let me tell you something, Vanu weapons seem pretty dull to me especially when fighting the NC or the TR. Anytime you open fire on an NC when you got the jump on them, they one shot kill you with a carbine (Exaggeration but my point is clear). Now of course there are excuses like "You suck, adapt, quit whining" but in reality the problem is that Vanu guns simply SUCK. While their vehicles can make up for that especially the Magrider, the Vanu weapons are simply dull and weak.

My solution is not an actual buff to weapon damage. My idea is to add a bleeding effect on Vanu weapons.

Bleeding Effect:
    In many MMORPG's in general, there are usually spells that cause damage over a period of time. I believe that this might be the only solution to people's troubles with the weapon balance issues in games.

Here is how Bleeding Effect would work.

For every energy shot that hits the target, a percent of the damage of the shot will add on to the damage over a period of time and can stack. Veterans of League of Legends will know champions who work like this.

For those of you who do not like this idea, consider the following:

If SOE nerfs the NC guns, people will complain about the TR guns and so they will be nerfed and soon all of the weapons will be so weak that this game would be a bubble gun arena.
    The only solution to this situation is to buff the Vanu weapons but not so much to where they are still dull. Give them some.... Pizzaz that could make people like the Vanu again.

I love the Vanu but come on people, the Vanu needs to be something different, something people will know the Vanu for other than being known as a bunch of cultists. This thread shouldn't be a hate flame war thread but the problem is still there. Let's be respectful to ones views and work together to solve this problem so that way I don't see people whining on the threads. Thank you
  2. BigMacDeez

Negative. It's already bad enough that nearly ALL of the VS weapons have little to no bullet drop. It might not seek like much, but when all you have to do is point and click, I don't need extra damage over time.
  3. Heroofeverything

Wow vanu are so not overpowered
    They just hold and click their mouse on your head from 1-100 meters away and you die
    Not to mention that the move speeds in this game are pretty slow compared to others, but its kinda annoying that they have no recoil
    and bleed effects in every other game are annoying as hell, would make the hate on vanu even worse
    I can tell you in tf2 its annoying when a sniper kills you with bleed (his knife attack) after you kill him, lol
    and maybe you are getting bored of one shotting