Ammo packs Vs Turret Alt mode.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by BobTGoldfish, Oct 11, 2013.

1. BobTGoldfish

So, I was wondering, after a long conversation today with my Outfit,

Someone in my outfit maintains that if you use the alt mode of the turret to drop an Ammo pack, that it starts at cert level 3.

First of all is this true
    Second of all if I cert into my ammo pack does this increase my alt mode pack or does it stay permanently at level 3 as a side effect of being an alt fire.
    Third: The same person says that it is possible for me to drop 2 ammo packs if I drop the Alt mode pack and then the Ammo pack separately, is this a thing?

(in case you hadn't noticed I'm thinking about going engineer)

thanks for your input!
  2. DocteurVK

His info is outdated.

In GU02 or 04, this feature was fixed.

Your ammopack starts at level 1 and benefits from your upgrades in the "ammopack" slot

I think you can't put 2 ammopacks, but as I only use mins or C4, I didn't test for a while.

One friend of mine told me one time you could put 2 ammo packs...
    • Up x 2
  3. Stromberg

way way outdated indeed, I think it was fixed about january maybe even before already.
    both ammo packs get upgraded, since it's essentially the same ammo pack, and you can't put down two ammo packs.
  4. Adept

The only reason to use ammo pack in utility slot is to have separate cool down timers for the turret and the ammo pack.
  5. RealityWarrior

GU02 Patch Notes.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-2-02-02-2013.87343/
    • It amazes me how persistent this has been
  6. MykeMichail

Believe it or not, there are still people out there who don't know you can generate an ammo pack with the turret
  7. Ryekir

That doesn't surprise me as much as the fact that some people don't realize this was changed in GU02 (that was a long time ago!). The fact that you can drop ammo pack from the turret slot isn't really documented anywhere and it's certainly not intuitive, so new players often don't know about it.