[Suggestion] Ammo Pack Alternate Items

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Tolan, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Tolan

On the whole, Engis are pretty spoiled for alternative class feature items (Partly, I imagine, because there are so many class specific slots), but more is better, right? And the ammo pack is the one thing (Other than tool, which is core enough it probably shouldn't be changed) that hasn't had an alternate, so I figured I'd toss out an idea for the wolves to chew on.

Grenade Pack!

Obviously, this would have to work very differently. My idea was to have a set number of times it can be used, and a long cooldown for deploy. Standard 1000 cert unlock for one use, granting one person one additional of their equipped grenades. Additional certs would either add additional uses, or shorten the cooldown, with a max cert bonus of restoring one additional grenade per use, or for one additional use if it went the cooldown reduction route. There would also probably have to be a per-person lock--ie, if one person used a pack for one grenade and could hold two, they wouldn't also immediately use the pack again.

The alternative would be to have it have a larger amount of uses, but require a resupply to replenish (Presumably with a resource cost), meaning you have to have an infil hack a terminal or stay near a sunderer to keep it going.

Anyone think this could work?

-Tolan
    • Up x 2
  2. Problem Officer

Sounds great.
    I'd have it deployed as many times as user wants, new packs replacing the previous, just being moved like a mana turret.
    The limited ammo increasing per upgrade, with cooldown on individual resupply rate but no limit on how much each ally can take.
    Definitely nanite cost to refill the pack at terminals, affected by Amerish bonus.
  3. NubCannon

I don't think this will become a thing for a few simple reasons.

With the Trac-5 S and many other weapons, an underbarrel grenade launcher is an option, which is resupplied from ammo packs. Meaning frag grenades would be fairly pointless to resupply.
    Heavy assaults would not need AV grenade resupplies because of resupplying rockets.
    Resupplying Revive grenades would quickly become overpowered. Imagine a single medic and a few engineers Spamming Revive grenades at like 30 heavies. Too much.

However i like where you are going.

perhaps instead of having a grenade resupply, simply a 750 resource cost, infantry terminal, deploy-able. This would not be spammable as an engineer could only place one every 15 minutes, longer if the engineer is using grenades. It would be hackable, however destroyable. and have a short life, perhaps 3 minutes, upgradeable to 5 minutes. or perhaps have it part of the construction system, so an engineer can go to a silo or ant, with resources, buy an infantry terminal. but have it be deployable in no deploy zones.

i suggest an underbarrel grenade launcher, stand alone system, that replaces the secondary weapon, and can be outfitted with any type of grenade except revive grenades or emp grenades.
    so Concussion grenades, Smoke grenades, Standard grenades, and flash grenades. for the nade spam of course