Ammo belt isn't adding underbarrel ammo

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Hagestol, May 17, 2013.

1. Hagestol

LA sacrifices quite a lot of survivability and immunity to OHK from snipers by getting this. We also don't live as long (on average).

How would people react to ammo belt giving underbarrel ammo? The belt alone is around 1250 certs.
    • Up x 4
  2. ArcKnight

I want the ammo belt to carry more UB ammo for my snoke and grenade launcher............... seriously 2 shots is next to nothing
  3. Hagestol

Six shots would still be far less than an engineer has but it would actually make it decent considering we don't get engineers around us at the roof for extra ammo.
    • Up x 1
  4. Canaris

I love my ubgl like you guys, though if the AB did increase the amount of rounds, could you fathom the amount of QQ it would cause from non-users, I think we'd drown tbh, even our JJ's wouldn't get us clear of that rising flood water.
    • Up x 1
  5. Hagestol

Perhaps. But the option for unlimited UBGL spam is already available for medic and engineer (if not more?), the maximum kills would be six with this if you hit every shot, and the gun is quite terrible to compensate.

The UBGL was nerfed to compensate for the engineer ammo pack, but that option isn't available for LA (at least for LA playing the way they should be playing). If they are keeping two ammo for the underbarrel then the gun should be better imo.
  6. UberBonisseur

I think losing the ability to UBGL spam with ammo boxes (franky quite ridiculous) with Ammo belt to compensate would be a nice tradeoff.
    • Up x 1
  7. MarcusVitruvius

Definitely reasonable, especially for the underbarrel shotgun.
    • Up x 1
  8. Worph

I would even accept it if they nerfed the reload and resupply even more as long as we get something like this and they finally fixed the bugs with the damn things.
  9. Batisat

It'll allow us to destroy sundys again so you know how much crying will go on if that happens. But I would like more ammo, might give my sundy begone kit use again
  10. Worph

If you have ever killed a sunderer ONLY with UBGL you know that crying about it is THE most ridiculous thing, ever.
    It takes a ridiculous amount of shots, like 8+, at least? never counted. They all have to hit, which can not be taken for granted. (unlike trying the same thing with rocketlaunchers, where you need a lot less)
    And I'm sure you have and you agree with me. So I suggest we let everyone who cries about it go cry his bloody tears, all over the forum, because if someone ALLOWED somebody else to pull it of, the Sunderer doesn't deserve to be alive any more.
  11. Batisat

I meant the whole double C4 and 2 nade launcher. Not like anyone would kill a sundy with only the nade launcher though.
  12. Worph

I still do that from time to time? You just gotta make sure nobody repairs it for a few seconds.

And isn't the fact that you declare killing a Sunderer with only UBGL as impossible ridiculous enough? It should be a potent weapon, that should also be able to pull something like this off. I would love to gather some people with +ammo and UBGLs and go sunderer hunting. And again: someone who pulls that off most definitely deserves it, don't you think?
  13. Batisat

Okay okay, let me rephrase my wording. All I'm saying is, 2C4 + 6 UBGL (as the OP said) would be able to take out a non blockade sundy.(not burning it out,instantly kill it) It would be good for us but other people would cry about it. But killing a sundy with a group of people with UBGL is not really that efficient,sure can happen,but it's unlikely.
  14. Hagestol

Theres nothing instant about deploying two C4, detonating them, then shooting six grenades with added reload time in between. I could die of old age before I completed that.

But I'd be fine with sunderers getting UBGL resistance to counter this. If they don't want us to be sunderer hunters then thats fine. We can work around it.
  15. FnkyTwn

I love my UBGL and use it very often, however it would
    be incredibly OP to get more than 2 rounds on the LA.

High Ground + UBGL = Always Win
  16. Hagestol

High ground isn't exclusive to LA, engineers can easily climb - it just takes longer. And they have unlimited shots while we have two and are asking for six. It is also attached to a bad gun and while engineers can use turrets and repair, we actually need the gun to do our primary directive.

I think calling it incredibly OP is an incredible overstatement.
  17. FnkyTwn

It would need it's own Skill to specialize in. Heavies don't get More Ammo + More Rockets,
    they have to choose between one or the other. If LA had an option like that, with 6 ammo
    being the max for UBGL, then maybe it would make more sense, but LA shouldn't get both.

I understand that it's not exactly the same thing, but it's just as powerful, if not more, so it
    should be treated like it. If it's important enough for you to get 4 more shots with the UBGL,
    then it should be something you have to cert into.

There are already threads up about how OP the UBGL is again (not that I agree with them)
    so this upgrade would only increase the calls for it's nerfing, so you should plan for that.

There's a reason it's called the Noob Tube. You're basically asking for 6 "Instant Wins" for
    your class, especially with the LAs ability to access any and all roof tops or towers. Just
    because you downplay the potential, doesn't make your 6/1 K/D ratio any more palatable.

If the UBGL was reworked to do more damage against Vehicles and a lot less damage to
    Infantry, then you'd have a much better argument. Blowing up Sundys is pretty situational,
    but killing Infantry is a constant scenario, and that's where it would be abused.
  18. Ghoest

This misses the real issue with LA and ammo.

LA should have more ammo with out sacrificing the suit slot to get it.
    The LA class isdesigned to work in locations that engineers cant reach.
    WE dont have enough ammo - the suit slot should be for people who like exceptional amounts of ammo.
    • Up x 2
  19. Hagestol

I agree, but these are two separate issues. Ammo belt is mandatory now if you actually like to kill people, and it shouldn't be. I believe two shots are fine without the belt, but a 1250 cert investment should come with advantages.

The equivalent of more rockets is more C4, grenades is a sub weapon of our primary. And the UBGL isn't anywhere close to being as powerful as ESRLs, and those are "free" and you get them without any slot requirement and cert requirement.

We're talking about six shots here, engineers can already spam this at will at infinitum with their ammo packs and they can reach high ground (and they do) with drop pods, aircrafts and climbing. Nobody is complaining about them after they nerfed the UBGL, it isn't an insane killing tool anymore, you basically need a direct hit to kill someone.

It was called noob tube before because it was insanely overpowered. It isn't anymore.
    And saying we'll get SIX kdr is like saying heavies automatically get the same as they can carry missiles. It doesn't work that way.
  20. FnkyTwn

I disagree with you and if the UBGL isn't amazing, then it shouldn't
    matter too much one way or the other if you get more shots with it.

I wasn't aware that you could accurately throw your C4 50m with
    pinpoint accuracy and instantly kill somebody with direct hits.