Ammo/AT Mine/Bouncy Betty? What do you roll with most?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Kimble, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Kimble

Which one of these do you cert out and roll with most?
  2. Adamar09

AT Mines, pretty much all the time. Only roll resto packs in the odd biolab.

Being able to take down vehicles is too much to pass up.
    • Up x 1
  3. Bearcat

I prefer the Bouncing Betty with an alternate loadout with AT mines. Until they start making our ammo certs work on the ACE, I'm not wasting time with them.
  4. ThePackage

You always have an ammo pack regardless of what you choose, but I use proxy mines the most.
    • Up x 1
  5. Uzii

AT Mines without a doubt. Armour is a big threat, and I have no other way to deal with them. Infantry I can shoot, stab and grenade.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kriesha

Mostly Ammo, cause when my squad needs an engi, its because we have 3-4 ammo and repairhungry maxes that need babysitting. If that is not the case, I pick up me bettys (or, more often than not, run as a medic) :)
  7. Beaureg

as was said earlier, you always have an ammo pack no matter what you use in your utility slot. Bring up your turret and hit "B".
    • Up x 2
  8. Boomschtick

AP mostly. I use the Ammo Pack function of the ACE to resupply.

I'm terrible at properly placing AT but a friggen terror at AP placement. It's gotten to the point that the only "wasted" AP I place is on a Heavy who pops his shield before "breaching" a room. Otherwise I get a ton more kills with APs than with anything else.
  9. Compass

If you want AT kills, place a pair right down the middle of the road leading towards a base. Not in it. Approaching it. Should be a marked road. You'll sometimes get flash kills, but oftentimes, you'll get a tasty MBT or a Sundy.
    • Up x 1
  10. BiggLou55

AV here... I use the Ammo pack function of the Turret (hit B while holding to switch to ammo pack), so there is really no need to carry the ammo pack... AV mines are great for guarding well hidden Sundi's and other places... ;)
  11. Boomschtick

Yeah, usually by the time I think of it it's too late. :p

I need to get in the habit of placing AT mines because I know they'll roll in eventually.
  12. SarahM

C4.

Grinding utility pouch and C4 lv2 is hard, though.
    Had AT mines before, but I'm noticing more vehicles with mineguard lately.
  13. Artuskan

I normally play HA, but every so often I switch to Eng, lay down a couple of AT mines on a well-travelled road, then resupply with AP mines and place them in choke points that Infiltrators normally pass through, then switch back to HA and wait for the notifications to pop up. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell you if it was the AP or the AT that got the kill.
  14. Ghostfox

Outside of bases, AT mines.
    Inside bases, betties.

When I'm in a vehicle, AT mines.
  15. Aelloon

What about someone with Flak armor. You do know your AP mine doesn't kill a Flak armored target, right?

I don't know, I think I should roll with medkits instead of mines. I tend to get into locations where I can actually use them so rarely that it seems like a waste. (Or I should stop playing Engineer in infantry combat.)
  16. Sabreur

1. Grab AT Mines
    2. Run like a madman towards the nearest enemy Sunderer
    3. Scream "FOR SCIENCE!" while throwing mines at it.
    4. Fiery Death and/or Glory
    • Up x 2
  17. Uzii

It will give you a bonus for a vehicle kill (+##% Flash Kill -> +##% Kill).
    • Up x 1
  18. Boomschtick

True, I forget about Flak Armor. But honestly more often than not I get kills with my APs. And even if I don't, they definitely got a hurt put on them which'll give me an assist shortly after.
  19. Ebil_Piwat

Bouncing Betty

More time than not, I'm an Engineer when we are hitting / defending bases. Run to Generator room, drop inside door, return for re-supply.. BAM! some LA / Infil tried to get the gen..:confused:
  20. Veri

AP mines for the vengeance win when someone cheap shots you while repairing a gen.