[Suggestion] Amerish is the best and worst continent. Lets remove the bad parts so people will play on it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by innociv, Jan 6, 2013.

1. innociv

Yeah, I love the bastion too. With these changes, there is less ways to get around on the ground without going around the outer edge of the middle mountain, so I think it'll become more key.
  2. ScrapyardBob

I think that's part of why people don't like Amerish. On Indar, you have the Crown. A central focal point to the map with good defense possibilities and a commanding view of the surroundings. On Esamir, you have the Eisa tech plant. The *only* tech plant and it's smack in the middle of the map and a natural contention point.

I can't name what's in the middle of Amerish. (Answer: Nothing of value.)
  3. innociv

I kept thinking of putting something in the middle, but it didn't fit at all. I almost put an amp station or bio lab there, right on the mountain. But the thing is, that mountain is actually really great. The 3 bases on it are really really great. The only issue was the lack of anything meaningful around them made them meaningless. With things tightened up, they serve as a launching point.

There is actually no road up onto that mountain, I'm not sure if you guys knew. I mean, you can sort of get mags up there with magburner, but even still they're hard to move around. But once you do cap there, you can spawn vehicles and air at some of the points on the mountain. So you cap that, and you get to go down hill with vehicles with pretty much nothing coming up. The issue is now, at the moment, that's not really something that makes a difference. With the changes, I think they would.

With how I put Kwahtee relevant to Tumas, and Ikanam relevant to Sungrey, and Sungrey relevant to Mekala, I think there is going to be really intense fighting between one side holding one and another the other, similar to what you get between Hvar and Alatum, as well as Zurvan and Tawrich, with actual meaningful bases near by them to cap.
  4. JaxsonFive

5. SpaceMilk

Damn. Your changes are damn good.
    I like the idea of columns protecting ground. I fly air normally and I know that its easy to kill them in a valley. I like the focus on the center, and the bridge over the tech plant. The bridge will make VERY INTERESTING fights. Now what if we made a new base entirely, from scratch.
    What if, the mountain,
    SERVED AS A SECRET UNDERGROUND TUNNEL COMPLEX???
    What if there is a base underground with huge tunnels leading to important nearby bases. The mountain could also spawn ground vehicles that also traverse tunnels.
    This would be amazing.
    Some changes are really good here. Only prob is how you remove a bunch of air resources. Take the ones remaining and up it a inch.
    Other than that this is perfect.
  6. BalogDerStout

I hate amerish. Driving a sunder around on that rock is the most miserable experience. You either fly in a plane or try to get in a galaxy. If neither is an option then you redeploy at warp gate and get a plane.

Walking is not an option. Tanks are only useful in a small region, if you actually need to take an area across the map you'll never make it in time.

Also, that place is mostly a ghost town. Indar and Esmir are much more fun.
  7. Gammit

I'm going to reply at the very least to bump this because:
    you are not whining
    you thought-through the issue and presented potential fixes
    you are not whining
    • Up x 3
  8. TommyDanger

I really like these suggestions. I've had way too few fights on Amerish, I think there's some great places there. I think your ideas would make it more attractive (can get around a LOT easier and the fun places are all made into strategically important places on the map).
  9. TommyDanger

I like this idea better, that the center of the map here is a tactical location to form attacks from to the other quadrants/regions. It will still make the center of the map WORTH owning/contesting, but it doesn't turn it into a meat grinder.
  10. TintaBux

Driving a vehicle around Amerish is still a massive problem for me and many, this is where Galaxy's are often used more, and I prefer it like that, as at least it gets used more.
  11. ScrapyardBob

They need to do a smoothing pass on Amerish. The maze-like terrain is cool, but the areas between the little rock ridges need to be smoothed out a bit as well as making sure there are more "goat" paths around that are passable by ground vehicles. There are also a lot of places like Kwhatee Amp where you can't drive a vehicle around the outside at all because the surrounding terrain is too close to the walls.

Leave the terrain rough and foreboding, but make it less punishing on the vehicles.
  12. Sabreur

Amerish is a joy to navigate by air and a nightmare to navigate otherwise. Fixing that makes sense.

Amerish's current 'ghost continent' status makes me sad, it's easily the most beautiful of the continents. I'd like more battles there.
  13. innociv

Yep exactly. It has some of the best bases, but they're pretty much all strategically unimportant because of their placement and all the empty meaningless areas around them.

Oh yeah I agree with that, for sure. Galaxies are still useful because it's the best way to the center mountain(You can't drive a Sunderer up there afaik), and they're fantastic on splitpeak, formor Mekala, and auraxis firearms even since they're so choked.

These changes will make them less of a REQUIREMENT that shys people away from the continent, but still incredibly useful.

Like I said, their engine probably doesn't support cutting into the heightmap terrain.
    Would need lots of new art assets too.

I tried to keep my changes "reasonable", something that could be done in a few days of hard work, or weeks at most.
    It's all deleting bases, moving a few around, changing the bounds. Terrain changes are very few. No new art assets or anything, just some heightmap and brush changes, and moving things.
  14. Pharadox

I love Amerish. Not sure why everyone plays on Indar.
  15. innociv

Yeah, I rather hate Indar.

Amerish is my favorite.

I'm glad everyone can agree of all these great places there, we just don't want to go there much because of those few bad things. It could be fixed pretty easily.
  16. Cobalus

I'm gonna bump this as well as recommend this thread to my Outfit, simply because I love this idea so much.
  17. innociv

Thanks. :D

Keeping it visible probably helps.
  18. SpaceMilk

Your changes are very good. I really hope the engine can support them, and even more, SOE implements them.
  19. asdfPanda

I like the fact that it's not a square. Triangles ftw.
  20. innociv

Triangle does fit good with the whole 3 factions thing, not that the others should be made triangular or anything, but here it fits well.