Am I missing any other "must have" weapons?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hael, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Hael

I'm trying to burn through my Alpha Squad gold on all the "must have" day-1 purchases. I got the anti-vehicle launcher for the HA, the skyguard for the lightning, and the rocket pods for the reaver. I was going to get the INF shotgun but I see they removed it.

Did I cover all my bases for "must haves"? The only other thing I could think of is upgrading my sundy guns since I want to get AMS as soon as possible and with the higher base cert cost I feel like sundies need a bit more defensive firepower now than in beta
  2. Manhattan

An HA LMG that allows for compensator, soft point ammo, and forward grip.
  3. Zenmuse

Personally, I'm a little disappointed with the skyguard... but then I didn't use it much in beta, so I guess i have nothing to compare it to.

I don't know how often you MAX, but i would put either a 2nd burster, or 2nd scatter/variant arm on the list.

and a gun on the front of your ATV depending on how often you're solo moving to bases.
  4. Phasics

just a thought

learn to be effective with the basic gear first instead of the current flavour of the month becuase yo find it hurts less when they nerf your favorite toys ;)
  5. Hael

I played beta extensively. I'm past that point, if you don't mind me saying
  6. Phasics

then realise what are good weapons now may get nerfed with a balence patch if the whine reaches critcal mass on them and you will not get and SC refund if they nerf your toys.
  7. Goats

Well, if you ever like playing a MAX, get a second scattercannon (or scat variant). You will be an absolute monster indoors, trust me.
  8. Hael

You are correct, but SC is already money spent, and if I can get good use out of these weapons NOW before any sort of nerf then it's still money well spent, since if I didn't spend it on these things, what WOULD I spend it on? Decals? The next "to-be-nerfed" weapon of the week?

I understand there's wisdom in frugality, but hoarding is just as bad as hedonism
  9. Phasics

personally , I'd spend it on weapons that suit my style of gameplay regardless of their current "power", that way you'll always enjoy using them