[Suggestion] Alternate Infiltrator playstyles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mixsus, Nov 8, 2022.

1. AuricStarSand

Here's the 4 sub specs for Infil separated & given unique ASP skills per. As different types of people main these 4. They are not ness switched from one to the other. & one type is missing bow & knife.

1) Bow & Knife
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

See how she Neytiri has a bow and a knife. Avatar 2 the new movie is starting soon. Trend with the trends. The bow is wooden & not some nso crossbow. With arrows.

ASP Skill: After 1 knife kill you gain 20% added move speed for 10 sec.
    ASP Skill #2: After hitting enemies 4 times with bow the 4th hit auto tosses a free smoke grenade.
    Stealth type: Hunter cloak yet lasts x2 longer than hunter for knifing reasons, yet doesn't need to be perma invis like stalker.
    So hunter lasts 12 sec regularly, the knife & bow version lasts 22 sec.
    Tool: A tool that allows you to jump x3 higher for 30 sec.

2) Duel Pistol Stalker
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

ASP Skill: Able to use 2 pistols
    ASP Skill #2: Free Sidewinder implant without equipping
    Stealth type: Stalker with nerfed visibility.
    Tool: Trip Wire. Slows people by half.

3) SMG Rogue:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

ASP Skill: Unique underbarrel attachments, more smg's with the punishers effect. Better anti hud attachments. The punisher underbarrel for infil hud isn't good enough. & way to restock underbarrel ammo.
    ASP Skill #2: A fresh slot able to equip both the kill mines & the utility mine. So SMG infil is able to run with x2 proximity mines and x2 utility mines together. So 4 mines total.
    Stealth type: Regular Hunter.
    Tool: Infil Cort Bomb base for Infils that does dmg to vehicle & infantry, yet not silo items.

4) Sniper Scout Infil:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

ASP Skill: Add 6 sandbags to mountain vista
    ASP Skill #2: Build timber foxhole for sniper nest
    Stealth type: Hunter with nerfed visibility.
    Tool: Recon darts or recon pod, the only spec that requires recon. The others don't need recon near pointless. Knife doesn't want it for melee. Duel pistols has stalker enough time to view around. & Smg just wants to kamikazee.

So is this really that tough to implement? Tried to simplify.

Essentially visibility is like this.
    1) Bow & Knife is the most invisible.
    2) SMG is the 2nd most invisible.
    3) Stalker is the 3rd weakest invisible.
    4) Sniper has the weakest invis.

Knife has to run to people & swing at them, meaning they require the most invis. & Bow arrows are semi slow requiring 3 hits to kill infantry. As they are bigger arrows than the Heartstring, yet with the same speed. Easier to hit with, as heartstring has tiny arrows, yet take 1 more hit to kill. As heartstring kills with 2 hits & is underplayed. So yes knife & bow has best invis without needing deep op implant. Also the type of cloak isn't required to be stalker type for perma. I'd favor hunter to not be op, yet I require a hunter type that lasts 2 times more than the regular hunter type. As I'm dying to rival pistol stalkers, from uncloaking too soon, & they pistol shoot you. As they are patient. Then just give knife & bow a few more knife & bow options other than my NS Victory Knife & Heartstring.

SMG is door fight range, so 2nd best invis.

Stalker has perma invis & now more dps with double pistols, so they don't need good invis lvls. I'd nerf their invis tbh. Knife only needed good invis, not crouch pistols.

& Sniper has the weakest invis, as if someone tried to hike a mountain to fight the sniper, by the time they reach that mountain they should be able to see the sniper & snipers are still performing too well around door fights since they 1 tap or 2 tap. So they get the weakest invis lvls & should be made to use their 2ndary weapon more often at near range.

These 4 are different mains, different people personalities, & thus treated separately. So noone is allowed to say " no fair infil gets all this stuff " when really Infil was limited to begin with, by having such varying playstyles without sharing the same ability or weapons. Not to mention knife & bow requires default more run speed so they don't have to mandatory keep adrenaline pump forever.
  2. AuricStarSand

Bump 2 out of 2. For thy favorite post I wrote yesterday. Then logging.

For the knife & bow stealth option, it'd have to require default nightmare implant. Or why else would people pick it to knife with, without having asp unlocked? So the longer lasting hunter stealth would have to also give a default reason to use it over stalker stealth type.

That is to say give knife & bow free nightmare implant without having to equip the implant. That's default nightmare. The asp that gives you 20% run speed per 1 knife kill & asp that gives you a smoke grenade effect on the 4th bow arrow hit, is something else. Asp skills verse default reasons to have a knife spec.

Or else they'd just use the duel pistol stalker utility to knife with. & we don't want them using stalker for knife, making a new stealth type for knifers. Thus give the knife & bow stealth free nightmare implant.

Essentially knife & bow wants by default nightmare, survivalist, deep op, & catwalk. & if catwalk isn't given, then at least a tool that gives the catwalk jump for 30 seconds per use. Yet not enough slots for these 4. Deep Op is required to knife without being killed, Survivalist is weak yet helps you juke bullets to weave run at people and knife them, Catwalk is fun to jump over people to knife them, & Nightmare makes knifing entertaining when dueling multiple enemies.

So all 4 are required & if they are mandatory that also means limited selection of implants for a " free implant slot " for something else like ammo printer or some elite tier implant. Limits. Options.

As for a new tool for Infils. As I'm not a fan of recon items, for kamikaze running. How about trip wire *lists video*

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Y-o4Mt5KNh4

This is the best trip wire video I've seen, I've tried searching prior, yet this is a new vid.

Theirs 2 ways to implement trip wire a boring way & a entertainment way.

The boring way is to just have the trip wire slow enemies down by half their run speed for 10 seconds when they hit it.

The awesome way is for enemies to not see trip wire at the door frame. It's invisible. Then the trip wire reveals itself once they hit it & they have to jump over it, till they shoot it many times. So it stalls them not by some default slow effect, it stalls them by literally them not seeing it & having to jump over it after it reveals itself. Invisible barrier wall wire revealed after. Also should hurt their shield by 1/4th after they hit it, as just stalling them to jump one time isn't gonna mess with them enough. 4 wires per run.

If you get the use of real wooden bows, to add to the Heartstring llist. Well make sure that the arrows stick out of the enemies body, similar to when Neytiri shoots Colonel Quaritch. Then toss a few diff type of wooden bows. 3 hits per infantry, since the bow is just a 2ndary weapon while the knife for the spec is suppose to be the primary.

Duel pistols, well yes the asp skill allows you to use 2 pistols, & yes they are switched from primary to 2ndary. As you'd expect. Still I'd give the pistol weapon line a type of pistol, that has weak dps, yet does hold 2 pistols for both hands. So both, allowed to use 2 regular single pistols per primary & 2ndary. & also given a new weapon pistol that looks like Tomb Raider's 2 hand held pistols.

As for 1 hit knives, usually I'd say " to each their own " yet someone's 1 hit knife if returned, is gonna ruin the reputation of my 2 hit knife skills & make 2 hit knives pointless, right? If I knife 6 enemies & I had to swing 12 times & the 1 hit knife only had to swing 6 times, that wouldn't be fair. Nor do I want to swing only 6 times, I like swinging 12 times these days. The 2nd or 3rd hit is part of the skill.

The noise of the 1 hit Lumineree is only a disadvantage for 1vs1's, it's not gonna be heard around multiple enemies. So their would be no reason for my favorite NS Victory. So I don't know what they want to do with 1 hit knives, maybe them needing to aim for headshots is fine where it's at. Other than that, they should probably just forget those button op knives, & work on new knives that offer new styles of melee gameplay.

Similar to my request for a mini wrist shield type of knife that has weak dps, yet is able to guard from bullets, a x4 smaller version of nc max's shield, with a knife that takes 4 to 6 swings to melee a enemy.

Suggest utility mines if they are 50 nanites, are still not to par. How about broadening their aoe range by x2? & please don't allow sweeper or avoidance to avoid or sweep away utility mines. Sure if people want to be lazy to avoid getting flat out killed from a mine placed on some stairs, I guess they may use that implant. Yet why for utility mines, it just sets a kill & you have to wait around for the enemy to step. They don't also need to see the utility mine with implants. Also proximity mine, if people are gonna use sweeper avoidance & the devs don't want to get rid of sweeper and avoidance, then please lower the nanites of proximity mines to 50.

& SMG users get better use of shurikens.

I'd maybe get rid of deep op & just have default invis lvls for the 4 specs. As listed.

If they add Avatar style bows, please make sure the arrows have feathers. :D

Bow & Knife goes something like this gameplay wise. With hunter stealth that lasts 22 sec. 22 sec to rival duel pistol stalker enemies, as the regular 12 sec hunter will get you killed by pistol users. So knife bow hunter is buffed more than smg or sniper hunter stealth is. & reminder that adrenaline pump isn't required to run as fast, so you may use other armor variations.

You shoot 3 arrows at 1 infantry enemy, kills him. The 4th arrows, hits a 2nd enemy infantry man & releases the asp skill for a smoke grenade effect. You run there to knife him 1 or 2 times to kill him. That gives you +20% move speed for 12 seconds from the first asp skill. So you run fast juke some bullets & use your tool that gives you x3 jump height for 30 sec. You wiz & jump over the 3rd guys body & knife him. You then fire a few more arrows, releases smoke & use your cortium bomb via the smoke area. & finish with running to a door to deploy some trip wire. Shooting the person tailing you who stalls at the trip wire.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. pnut

Remove sniper rifle from infiltrators

Give sniper rifle to engineers

remove SMG from infiltrators

Give infiltrators pistol ONLY

GIve them other abilities

HACKING tanks
    Make it so that they can QUIETLY hack a tank and BOOT the players out of it rendering the tank useless.

ALSO

Make it so thayt they're the only ones that can HACK/Capture control points

Make it so that they're the only ones that can SPOT enemies.

Give them an espionage/spy role/james bond role.

It'll be sick.
  4. AuricStarSand

Bump. I played for the 10th anniversary day. After playing I realized this is what I want the most. A feather arrow bow.