Alt-Tab or closing the game results in blackscreen

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sdragoner, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Sdragoner

First time I launch the game for 4-5h and I can alt tab with no problems or close the game. Now without changing any drivers or patching windows the game results in blackscreen when I tab out or want to close the game and I cant do anything than. Pc must be reboot to do any action. I can hear whats going on in the game but I cant do anything, I even can hear teammates via com but cant answer. Whats is this?
    PC specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k (no oc but intel speed step push it up to 4,2ghz)
    RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 CL10 1866mhz
    GPU: Asus HD7870 DC II 2gb v2(Catalyst 12.8 no oc)
    MB: Asus P8 Z77-V LE (Asus bios 0608)
    Sound: Asus Xonar D1 (latest crap drivers)
    HDD: 1x WD Raptor 150gb, 1x Samsung Spinpoint 500gb, 1x Segate Baracuda 1tb
    Internet connection: DL 2,95 mb/s UP 0,36 mb/s location: Germany

Game run @ 1920x1080 @ max with 40 fps
  2. Sdragoner

I like the SOE support so far , I don't get a mail for that(soe PS2 technical email support). I would get tons of mails from other free 2 play games and oh wait I have buy stuff for this game, so I am actually a customer who dafuq are working here in the support forum or soe support? No one or what?
  3. RedOak

Are you running fullscreen windowed or fullscreen? I have windowed mode for the purpose of alt tabbing easily.
  4. Sdragoner

Fullscreen and I CANT change because it result in blackscreen. I don't know where I can change the option out of the game. I am sure that it will work in windowed mode but I am not able to change it in game.
  5. Mr.Tin

I was gonna say probably low PC specs but thats not the case.. :p
  6. Sdragoner

ya to bad it had nothing to do with to low pc specs.
  7. RedOak

I'll go into my .ini file tonight and see which option shows fullscreen windowed. Will post here once I find it. Should be the good work around.
  8. Sdragoner

Thanks man, after a bit research I found the Useroptions and change it there to Windowed and this works, the game will crash after I will close the windows but I dont care for that because I don't must reboot but it is still funny that I don't get something from the SOE support, no mail or notification.
  9. RedOak

My ini file looks like this. Check the two red items
    [Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=0
    FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1080
    WindowedWidth=1024
    WindowedHeight=768
    RenderQuality=1.000000
    Mode=WindowedFullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Windowed