Alright vanu, im going to let you in on a secret

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cinc, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Cinc

You see, i just finished reading this

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/higby-the-twitter-troll.94797/

AND after a couple minutes of unstoppable laughter, i decided to let you all in on the joke.

You see, i've been around since mid to late beta. While im not trying to use this as a "im better then you" card, it does give me knowledge some of you dont have. For example, galaxies were once the pre-dominant AMS system. In fact, i dont believe i ever saw a sunderer AMS until that was removed.

But, during beta (and early release) there was a common issue. The VS were consistenly outnumbered. Put simply, the pops were seing right now, with the vanu being perhaps 5 to 10 percent lower then the TR and NC pops on average, was usual. I think this is largely because your first introduction to the vanu is "PURPLE BARNIE DUDES", and its not likely to draw in the random just-joined noob that has no idea of the lore or backstory.

But when these purple barnie men suddenly had the most powerful tank in the game (prowler and vanguard traction nerfs) there populations exploded to match or ounumber the TR and NC.

And now that the magriders been nerfed, it fell again.

See the picture?

Oh, and by the way - To any true barnies out there, sorry for saying "vanu" in the title. While, as a TR, i dont particuly like you, i can atleast respect people that will stick with there faction through the hard times. What i actully meant was "Winy fourth factioners who have been on the vanu for the last month" but that title wasnt very likely to draw them in here.

While wether or not we want to invite them into a thread is up for debate, alot of them have recently declared there going TR. You can atleast give me some credit for trying to educate my soon to be teamkills.
    • Up x 7
  2. Dingus148

I approve of this post. 4th Empire tears are best tears. Pick a faction you love and stick with it through buff or nerf.
    • Up x 4
  3. SgtBreastroker

I play Vanu because I enjoy their weapons, I do have accounts in the other factions to try out the weapons and vehicles. I don't even think most people have any idea what kind of balance takes place in this game. I had no clue what was going on until I started posting on the forums and with that I realized that the VS received some ghost nerf of some sort which I would have never noticed if I didn't join the forums.

In Briggs it is always the TR with the low population, occasionally dropping under 20% while NC will sometimes soar as high as 49%. Then there are the days where the Vanu has the highest population percentage and the TR will still be dwindling. I don't think your theory makes any sense. I've seen the same on servers like Connery and Soltech a few times.
  4. 7Elite7

I play vanu, alright?

Good. Let's get something out of the way.

MBTS aren't gonna make or break a game. This entire rationale for explaining why VS is leaving is complete bull.

Now. Why might VS be in a rut? Because VS is weird-looking and lacks a gimmick. NC vehicles are all about being bulky. NC weapons are all about hitting hard. TR vehicles are all about good performance and effective damage. TR weapons are all about fire rate and accuracy.

What are VS vehicles all about? Don't tell me "Agility." Sure, magriders can strafe. But is this a game-breaking feature? Not really, no. Scythes? They aren't that much more maneuverable in an actual dogfight. And they're horrifically slow. How about VS weapons? No bullet drop? Yeah. But they have horrible damage falloff, so VS isn't the "Long range" faction.

Now, I'm a longtime VS player and I intend to stay one. But please do tell-as someone considering all factions, could you reasonably tell me that I should play VS because it's the most fun between weapons and teammates? No. And until VS gets a gimmick, they'll be stuck with low population as they are now.
    • Up x 2
  5. CowPie

The Vanu are the scum of the universe.

OK..I said it...now the real *****.

What's up with all the one shot / one kill crap from the Vanu. Are their weapons that vastly superior to the TR? I thought the effort was to try to keep things close to equal as far as ability in game play and strengths. Sure there are going to be mismatches where you might find yourself overpowered. But I'm talking about those unbelievable long sniper shots for instance where you get hit once and your dead. Or how about a fresh prowler being killed and you never even see or hear the shot coming and you're dead.

I've heard talk where people think that just maybe the Vanu have entire squads running hacks and aim bots. I find that hard to believe given their high moral character but it does seem plausible. If that's the case....what are the PlanetSide Gods doing about it? To tell you the truth.....I'm fed up whit this happening every day.
  6. Marked4Death

The traction "nerfs" were supposedly bugs. Just like the terrible mag climbing is supposedly bugged.
    The big change was the huge disparity now in DPS and ability to get that fire down to your foes. Giving someone higher DPS in a shooter is just free win tickets.
  7. Dingus148

That would be lag. I'm a TR player, I see it all the time on all sides. That being said, this isn't the thread for this. Search for any one of the thousand threads on this issue
  8. Xae

GU1 everyone had something to "rally" around.

For VS it was the Mag, for NC the Scatter max, for TR... their entire infantry arsenal.

Post GU2 Vanu don't have that thing that they can wave in NC/TR faces and make them go red with jealousy.
  9. Chipskream

The 'gimmicks' you name for the other 2 factions are BS. 'Performance and effective damage' wow nice way of saying nothing.
    • Up x 1
  10. CowPie

But they have something nobody else has........They are PURPLE.
  11. Gamertech

It's called aiming, every faction is capable of it just most have no idea how to and bunny hop around spamming full auto guns everywhere...

You try copping a high power shot to the head from any factions bolt rifle and see how you fare...
  12. Sifer2

It's actually a fact that several outfits admitted they went Vanu on release because they hated having to go up against Magriders in Beta. They just wanted to be on the other side of that coin. The thing is it probably wouldn't be that frustrating these days due to the abundance of lock on launchers. But in beta, and at release when only a handful of your faction has lock ons to combat the massive Magrider spam waves? Not fun times bro's. So you'll excuse me if I don't feel too bad for VS finally having it come back to haunt them. I do think SOE may have overdone it though with too many nerfs combined with too many AV launcher buffs at once. Just toning down the Saron an fixing the reverse strafe bug might have been enough.
    • Up x 1
  13. Xae

Name one.
  14. Duvenel

Vanu got nerfed?...-Goes back to his laboratory to build him a new nano laser, to offer to the all mighty Vanu-

But seriously, I haven't noticed this VS population dip people keep talking about.
  15. Gamertech

The mag is useless in close range when matched up with a properly driven lightning tank... Just ram the mag so it sits on the top of your tank where it cant aim down to hit you and repeatedly blast it in the underside=dead mag.

At long range sure the mag can win but at close range it is completely useless as long as the enemy has any idea of what they are doing...
  16. phreec

They're probably leaving because they're stuck in that ****hole SE warpgate on Indar. Before the switcharoo I rarely stayed on Indar as NC, now I'm having a blast. Indarside 2 rejoice!
  17. Vertabrae

75% of people who join this game don't go and do a ton of research before they pick a faction. They are casual gamers who watch a video or two, probably the game trailer. The see 3 factions, red, blue and purple. Red and blue don't really look all that different. VS does and they shoot plasma. That's a pretty good hook for new players. Most new players have no idea about bullet drop or damage reduction at range. They log in, shoot some people and go to bed.

The forums here are fine, but cmon, we are a bit more knowledgeable than the standard player. People here know the stats, know the ins and outs. Casual players don't care about that stuff. Does the gun shoot if I press the mouse button? Does it sound cool? That's about the limit of what they care about. And that's fine. But don't act like the deeper game mechanics are why everyone are leaving the VS. Granted some are. But don't apply that to everyone.
  18. Iksniljiksul

Repost in relevant English please. Your over use of wrongfully placed terminology obscures your point, if there is a point other then attempts to pass off insults through poor language skills.
  19. Amrok1

As Xae said, name one. Because if that is true that is a crap-o-licious outfit. Though I seriously doubt it is true.
  20. Xuram

They could make our weapons fire nerf bullets and I'd still play Vanu. All Hail Vanu! Fourth Factioners pick somewhere and have fun.
    Also I love that warpgate :D makes flying awesome.