Already Losing Interest

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SKYeXile, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKYeXile

I can already feel myself losing interest in this game, while I had no delusions in thinking that I would get as mush out of this as I got from PS1, i still hoped for something more. There's various reasons and certainly no single reason to this though.

The first is that iv been around this scene for sometime and the novelty and epicness has worn off and me and they're no longer appealing for me, coupled with the fact that i probably go to hard on them and burnout. Just though id say that upfront before some ****** busts into the thread after managing to get his tongue unstuck from the yellow bus window.

The issues I believe the game has, whats affecting me anyway.

1. The stale mate and same old fights every night, I used to even before PS2 was on the table think how diverse the fights were in PS1 with a large range of continents and scenery, now already every night its either fight in central indar or freyr, ****** if i know what happens on Amerish, because iv never seen anything over a yellow alert there.Theres no room for strategy in this game, Get your straw hat and scythe and plow plow plow or GTF0.

2. The vehicle dominated gameplay, There's a couple of reasons i see behind this.
    2a: The open map design, if you footzerg, especially on Easmir, you're fodder, don't give me that BS about how you do fine or your clan rolls infantry and owns every n00b in vehicles, you're an idiot, ill kill your whole worthless infantry zerg with my half a squad of 5 vehicles all while touching myself.
    2b: Everybody can pull any vehicle they please, MBT dead? pull a lightning, died in your lightning? pull and ESF and crash it into a lib for EZ kills because you're worthless. This is only going to get worse too as everybody gets their vehicle timers down to 5min.
    2c: what happened to 40/60 indoor/outdoor combat anyway? did SOE really think 40% of fights would happen inside a Biolab?

3. The teamkilling and general ******edness of people, i don't think a day has gone by where I havnt been blatantly TKed by a friendly several times (no im not one of the lemmings that sits behind tanks and wonders why they didn't see me) I think half my deaths in a scythe would be from TK's the times i havnt died im left standing in the middle of a field as i flick somebody the bird and start abusing him over local comms as the ***** just drives off in a sunderer with half my scythe still on the front of it.Not to mention you cant even sit in a good spot to kill people without some spaz coming over to you and been all like" oh man you have a really good spot here, let me straif through you and block your shots"

4. The hackers, while i have only encountered afew people I can say for certain were hacking it makes me sceptical on everybody and has you wondering if he killed you because of skill, luck or he happens to be one of many people i hope to see die in a cancerous fire.

5. Still the poor performance of the game, all last night people were warping around everywhere, rendering at like 10m in larger fights, its just terrible gameplay and nobody wants to play under those conditions.

6. Again what are we playing for? Perhaps I'm infact apart of the wow generation i despise so much but again I see no true goal for this game, dont tell me its land control, if you login and plan to win at PS2 by controlling land as you roll empty bases as you vegan high five eachother with every capture from across the isle, then im sorry you have already lost. I cant se
    • Up x 29
  2. G1n

3. Nonesuch

I will shed a single tear for you before I sleep tonight
    • Up x 2
  4. BadLlama

Sorry to hear that.

You can always come back in a few months with no money down.
  5. Crator

I hear ya OP. Just waitin' for those additional continents. Hopefully that will spring some life into the meta-game.
    • Up x 5
  6. ZenTao

Dude you need to take a break every now and then ... you have played 3 times longer than me, and I play a lot.
    • Up x 1
  7. Fuse

Dude, just take a break. I took a break before the end of Beta so that I didn't get burned out before launch, it sounds like you need a little vacation.

Look at it this way: we all know there are issues and I believe SOE is at least aware of most of them. I know the devs want this game to do well because they enjoy it and are emotionally invested, and I know corporate wants this game to succeed because SOE doesn't have a lot of games bringing in big bucks right now. That doesn't imply competence, that's up to you to judge, but it does mean they will be earnestly trying to get the game sorted. Try to take a little vacation, only play PS2 maybe a couple times a week, and hopefully when you start getting the itch again some of the major issues will be resolved.

Like I said, I took a break before launch so I wasn't burned out, but I'm still being pretty lax in my play. When one of the major issues raises its head I go play something else. I don't want to get frustrated and give up on Planetside 2, at least not yet.
    • Up x 3
  8. Avs0000

The OP is right. Cant really argue that this game is very engaging and will increase in population. Had potential, but unless some massive rework is done to make it more interesting the game will not be popular in a few months.
    • Up x 2
  9. Moxin

Planetisde 2 offers some too gamey parts, therefore I dont see that every player will find a long term motivation. XP and Certs wont cut this, a good and deep gameplay on the other hand will hold the playerbase.
    • Up x 1
  10. Zaik

That's bound to happen when you play 20 hours a day.

Take a break and come back in January. I'd imagine things will be running better then.
    • Up x 2
  11. Auto_Bob

1. New continents on the way.
    2. vehicles dominate outdoors. That's their job. I still manage to have fun playing HA, your mileage may vary.
    2a. Vehicles work as transport. Don't footzerg.
    2b. "pull and ESF and crash it into a lib for EZ kills because you're worthless." your just raging at this point.
    3. You have a point here, but it seems like people are getting a little better. If they get too out of hand, the weaponslock will sort them out.
    4. I also despise hackers. Hopefully SOE will be diligent about getting rid of them - Not that I have encountered one yet.
    5. This is also a legit complaint.
    6. I'm playing to have fun. Same as in any other game. It would be nice to get a free bacon sammich when you take a base, but I'll take the satisfaction that I just ran the filthy Vanu or nationalist scum TR out out of the place.
    • Up x 1
  12. Badmethod

I can understand some of your points there Sky as there is some validity to them. I have squared off against you on the server more than a few times now, losing mostly but winning a few here and there too. It would be a shame to have such an adversary leave as the fights were great and I had hoped for a great many more. I think what I am trying to say is this; give it some time. Let the game mature some and wait for a little more content and a few more ideas take root in game. By all means take a break or whatever but don't give it away completely because I can see some great stuff coming our way over the next year.
    Peace!... Well War actually. :)
    • Up x 2
  13. Brok9000

I agree on many points, especially the vehicles and the cheating. I do think performance will get better, Planetside was pretty poor at launch as well (most games are).

I can see them improving other aspects of the game but I have my doubts for many reasons. I also don't understand why many enjoyable aspects of Planetside are not present in Planetside 2 (the 'underground' infantry small fights for bonuses, for example).

I am not a big fan of their class/cert system but that is not a big deal. There is just something about the overall game play that is not working. A lack of synergy or something. That could be improved but they definitely need to break up how everyone gets funneled into zergy fights. Planetside always had small and large fights, which is really needed for many reasons. In PS2 its big fights or sit and wait for some stealth to try and cap something behind the lines (yawn), or worse, wait for 1-3 cheaters to show up with their speed hacks and aim bots active. etc. etc.

I haven't played all that much and already have very little desire to login. There is no 'realm' pride or anything else to fight for, other than certs. So why bother until they fix stuff? I played Planetside for the global 3 side conflict, I can play other FPS games (that aren't buggy and full of blatant cheaters) if I just want to get on and shoot stuff.
  14. Sheena8500

I also lost interest in the game mostly because of the cheats/hacks. I'm not whinning though, i'll just wait and see what will happen. If nothing change i'll just play something else, no big deal heh.
  15. Maidere

I'm totally agree with OP. Maybe will quit even before my membership will run out. And I'm not sure I'll return tbh.
  16. Fuse

The underground fights you're referring to were an expansion. Realms aren't a thing. There are still 3 factions fighting over territory on a global map.

There are still good small fights, you just have to find the people starting them and join their squad or something. If you follow the zerg then of course you're always going to end up in big fights. Smaller fights are just a little harder to find, but you'll get the hang of it.

It also seems odd that you claim not to play much and yet seem to see hackers far more often than the rest of us. 3 hackers showing up to stop a cap is not a thing that has ever happened to anyone in my outfit, and we play on one of the busiest servers.
  17. Brok9000

Yes an expansion but why not launch with such a good idea?

As for hackers, I don't play much now, because of all the cheaters. Whats the point in defending when a few players can speed hack to a objective and slaughter 5 defenders? Has happened 3 times to me and that is enough.

Maybe you spend most of your time in a vehicle? If you aren't on the ground, you can't see the hacks/cheats. I don't see cheaters every hour, but I see them often enough. Plus 20-25 hours played in a week isn't what I consider a lot of time. 60+ hours, that is a lot, heh. That might be where we differ, in our definitions of what is a lot of time playing.
  18. rGlory

XP and Certs could be good motivation for me, but they ruin that too, simply putting XP farming machine in the game. So getting Certs hard way being infantry does not make any sense and not rewarding knowing that there is easy way to get it. And later balancing will not help much as damage is already done and every day they delay balancing makes it worse.
  19. SKYeXile

Yup why play infantry when you can easily get 100 killstreaks in vehciles, with practically every kill been a streak bonus and alot been roadkill.as infantry? oh grats bro you got a headshot.
    • Up x 1
  20. bPostal

To be fair Sky, you've played the absolute dog**** outta this game.
    That said, your points are incredibly valid. Especially points 1 - 6 and it just goes to show that if you play for BR or Certs, you'll just end up farming for nothing. The game has to be fun and engaging from the first shot all the way until you're teaching your kids how to play. Otherwise you'll get players who've unlocked everything only to realize that they've been playing 'the endgame' for the entire time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.