Alpha squad free bonus for 6months

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hecket, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hecket

Where is the premium free extra bonus SOE?

Not only did they get equal amount of SC for their money, they also got cool skins and free weapons.
    Why can we not buy such a pack?
    Now you give the bonusses to them AGAIN for free FOR 6 MONTHS?!?!?!

And don't give me that whole ******** sob story about supporting a DEV while it's in beta. they have a multi million dollar publisher behind them.
  2. L1ttlebear

We supported the dev's during beta.

Its never been about the money, its about SOE being grateful to those who helped them test a game when the game had more unresolved bugs than resolved bugs. Its a thank you to us who put in countless hours into the game KNOWING that our character would be deleted and we would have to start all over. Its a thank you that they were not pressured into but rather just extended out boosts out of the goodness of their hearts

Oh and btw...we PAID for that glitchy worthless experience.

Now you come in on thirty free forums and complain that the FREE game you are playing isn't giving you enough.

How spoiled were/are you as a child?
    • Up x 22
  3. Nevron

You can't, but you could. You didn't. The end.
    • Up x 10
  4. Morpholine

Eh, it's a bone thrown to the guys who thought it would stick around when they put on a different boost, and instead it went poof.

Sure, some are going to get more benefit as a result, but I look at it as making it right for those who were the victim of an oversight/glitch.

And no, I don't have Alpha Squad.
    • Up x 6
  5. KraggTheGrim

I really wish i bought this thing when i had the chance :(
  6. Lazaruz

And why didn't I buy Microsoft in the 80's...
    • Up x 3
  7. Arenthas

Glad I bought the Alpha Pack.
  8. Total_Overkill

You seem like one of those *********** ****** ******* that goes around asking if anyone has any extra Founders codes so he can ***** ********** and pretend hes worth ***** ********
  9. Skippytjc

Any other exp boosts you used killed the 6 month 10%. I was actually disappointed when I learned my 10% would go away if/when I used a 7 day 50%. So I'm glad they gave it back to us as I never really got much benefit from it before.
  10. prj3ctm4yh3m

I only wish I had known of it. That camo is super sick. I Hope they take a hint from the DOTA 2 guys and keep expanding the pretty stuff.
  11. Zazwon

It was a limited time offer that was up for almost 3 months please don't complain. I'm not going to bring any more negetivity to this thread, just uderstand that this was like a sale, they come and go. If you missed out I'm sorry but raging at the forums and SOE isn't going to get you anything. Keep an eye out for double station cash days, if you drop 40 bucks on one of those days you could get and EXTRA 40 bucks worth of station cash. That is effectivly enough to give you most of what alpha sqaud has for about the same price.

However the exclusive stuff -skins/decals- are for those of us who effectivly pre-ordered the game.
    • Up x 4
  12. Aege

It was like a preorder bonus. Give me a break. I can't believe that someone is petty enough to complain about this.

It takes all kinds.
    • Up x 4
  13. Kize

I put up a suggestion in the correct forum location. But they should bring it back for those who barely missed it to be fair considering they did change the promotion several times now. If not the exact promotion maybe a bravo squad promotion that is kinda like it.
  14. UrMom306

there is a reason they kept advertising it in beta and saying "Once it's gone its gone" soooo as others have said, it's gone, you missed it, the end. Also from the beginning for me it was never about the xp or money, it was about showing support to a game that I really enjoy. Membership on the other hand is about xp and money, which I love as well :D
  15. PineSG

yeah wow... OP is sad.

Just play the game.
  16. MartianDiscoFish

17. Gary

I was curious if they would reset the boosts when they did a reissue of them! Very appreciated despite mine only been used for a few days it is still a nice gesture!

To others complaining.... The beta was easy enough to get into, everyone in beta had a chance to support it and get alpha squad, You could even buy Alpha Squad without being in the beta. The only people to blame are yourselves for missing out unfortunately.

You got the full game for free no charge needed. You did not lose out over the issues that alpha squad members did so you did not need a Nice gesture. Personally neither did i since i waited for the changes before applying the boost but i will gladly take 5 free days of 50% xp!

Many thanks Devs! :D
  18. Roxputin

Some of us players really appreciate all the work and dedication that was put into Planetside 2. Even if Alpha Squad was not exclusive, which it is, I still would have supported SOE's efforts at raising this game. You see, the sheer fact that something is free does not give someone the right to trample on the good paying customers/players that make up the community of Planetside. For all lf the belly aching that a lot of us do, we do it because we want the best possible experience in-game and out (forums) that we can possibly have. It is because we actually care about the development and progression of OUR game. Please don't be so obtuse in thinking that just because a certain group has helped in the development of Planetside 2 that you are entitled to that same pre-release promotion. I find it insulting to both the Devs which listened to their community and did something special as a thank you for the Beta efforts that were put in by many players.
    • Up x 1
  19. BlackAlpha

Why didn't you buy it? They offered it to you, but you chose not to buy it. Why Didn't you buy it? Why? Why didn't you support the developers?? WHY??

While we are on the subject of demanding things we have no right to demand, I demand SOE gives me 50% off on their SC purchases because some time in the past they did a 50% off sale and I demand they offer me that sale again, right now. Or else...
    • Up x 1
  20. WorldOfForms

Ladies and gentlemen: the Entitlement Generation.

My son is 8 months old and I am going to try my hardest to ensure he doesn't turn into one of these people.
    • Up x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.