[Suggestion] Alpha/Beta TR helmets vs. ones we have.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DogeKnight, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Shaggath

Composite armor looks like that.
    It's in the shop

[IMG]
  2. DramaticExit

The number of times this "they're biased" argument has come up is astonishing... Be it people complaining about game balance, design or whatever. I fail to see how the "I fell through a cardboard box factory then was dropped in a bucket of blue and yellow paint" look the NC has could possibly be seen as better or more thought then the TR's design.

Also, this;

3. 00000000000000000000

Haha N-a-z-i is wordfiltered. Its not a bad word DBG stop it.

I think you could compromise with who they are based on. If they really on disciplined (which is a lot of their flavor and whatnot) you could say they are based on the Third Reich. But fast? Especially on vehicles/tanks? that's something that the Russian tanks (T-34, BT series) were known for. German tanks such as the Panzer and Tiger were known for being tough as nails but a tad on the slow side.

I will admit that several of the cosmetics for TR are also remniscant of the Third Reich. At least one of their helmets looks like a stahlhelm.
  4. Lucidius134

Helmets/Armor were never like this in beta, would been tech-test or the first month or two of CB (september). I got into CB in October, halfway through.

For a while (a few weeks) everyone also had composite armor as the default armor when they were working out armor attachments. The armor looked as it was intended to for a while.
  5. Lord_Avatar

I believe the TR are meant to have a slight totalitarian vibe to them; add a mix of red & black and voilla. My favourite empire by far. Gotta love them lawful evil types. :cool:
    • Up x 1
  6. Kirppu1

WE are just severely misunderstood
  7. Corezer

Or because US doesn't issue clearly AK patterned weapons...

• Up x 1
  8. ColonelChingles

I dunno. In that picture they don't look too AK-y to me. The gas piston is bottom mounted, not top-mounted like an AK. Sights are also messed up, with the rear sight being a ring aperature sight and the front fight being too far back.

It actually reminds me more of a space M14 than anything else, really.

One of these...

[IMG]

With the round stylings of an FN weapon...

[IMG]

And that's the TR rifle pictured above?

Although I guess it also might be a space AN-94... though everyone knows that it's the SABR. :p

[IMG]